Here's why some people's rear wash/wipe.....

Just a heads up to anyone that fits this kit. I think the Doctor also pointed it out but the part of the wiper motor that the hose connects to is slightly different in size when compared to the original factory fitted part. As a result the connector (between the hose and the wiper motor) very discreetly split and water was dribbling out when I operated the rear squirter.

I bypassed the connector with some small rubber tubing (fuel hose from my karting days! Never throw anything out!) and two strategically placed and very strong cable ties. Now, the leaking had stopped but still no water was coming out the washer jet!! I was stumped for ages. After a lot of testing with the wiper motor removed I realised that the small jet that you slot into the end of the wiper motor brass shaft must be faulty because without the jet in place I had a decent squirt! With some poking with a pin (in the jet) and a very thin sharp pointy screwdriver going up the brass shaft and into the jet I finally got the inner bits aligned so that water squirted from my jet.

Anyway - just be mindful of this. I'm going to write a letter of complaint because I spent ages fixing this and considering it was a brand new repair kit I shouldn't have had this much trouble. I'm going to explain about the difference in size with the 'hose to wiper motor' connector and the shoddiness of the jet manufacture.

Rant over but problem fixed....finally. Do hope you all have a better experience with the kit than I did! Lol

P.S the instructions tell you to scrap lots of old parts from your wiper motor as you install the new bits. I would suggest you keep everything until the job is complete. Especially the jet nozzle! ;-)

Last edited:
Just a heads up to anyone that fits this kit. I think the Doctor also pointed it out but the part of the wiper motor that the hose connects to is slightly different in size when compared to the original factory fitted part. As a result the connector (between the hose and the wiper motor) very discreetly split and water was dribbling out when I operated the rear squirter.

I bypassed the connector with some small rubber tubing (fuel hose from my karting days! Never throw anything out!) and two strategically placed and very strong cable ties. Now, the leaking had stopped but still no water was coming out the washer jet!! I was stumped for ages. After a lot of testing with the wiper motor removed I realised that the small jet that you slot into the end of the wiper motor brass shaft must be faulty because without the jet in place I had a decent squirt! With some poking with a pin (in the jet) and a very thin sharp pointy screwdriver going up the brass shaft and into the jet I finally got the inner bits aligned so that water squirted from my jet.

Anyway - just be mindful of this. I'm going to write a letter of complaint because I spent ages fixing this and considering it was a brand new repair kit I shouldn't have had this much trouble. I'm going to explain about the difference in size with the 'hose to wiper motor' connector and the shoddiness of the jet manufacture.

Rant over but problem fixed....finally. Do hope you all have a better experience with the kit than I did! Lol

P.S the instructions tell you to scrap lots of old parts from your wiper motor as you install the new bits. I would suggest you keep everything until the job is complete. Especially the jet nozzle! ;-)

Where did you get the kit from, I also have this job to do

Hi guys, mine has never worked since having the car back in Oct but water is p***ing out under the nearside front wheel area how easy is it to look if pipe is off and can it be put back on without having to go on a ramp.
How long does it take as it's soooo cold outside to do anything at mo 😃

Bumper off job (ramp not a necessity) and check for leaks that way. You get good access and can check all the hoses and clamps. Yeah it's damn cold today so make sure you've got lots of tea bags in stock!

Bumper off job (ramp not a necessity) and check for leaks that way. You get good access and can check all the hoses and clamps. Yeah it's damn cold today so make sure you've got lots of tea bags in stock!

Bumper off 😢😢 won't be doing that then not a job I wanna do this side of summer lol

Haven't got my car so I can't take pics at the mo, but if your car is leaking in that area, you can remove the top of the black plastic section that encloses the wireing loom in that area. The join from front to centre washer pipe is in that area.
Wow great found it just as you said, inside the plastic trunking at least a gap of 1/2" !! Water everywhere have now pushed it back together and blob of silicon to stop it happening again, great forum. Thanks to all that post on here.