1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by andybooths3, Jul 25, 2010.

?

will i notice the missing 15 bhp form s3 210-225bhp

1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. andybooths3

andybooths3 New Member

[Jul 25, 2010]
    Hi there can any one give me any advice just bought audi s3 after being told by salesman it was 225bhp 2 day later find out it 210bhp guy wont take it back now dealing with trading standards after full refund any advice would be good cheers:scared2:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 27, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 25, 2010]
    Not trying to be funny, but are you not happy with the car? I doubt in the real world you will notice the missing 15bhp, but if you plan to remap it at some point, both the 210 and 225 models map to the same power.

Sorry if this isn't a helpful post.
  4. andybooths3

andybooths3 New Member

[Jul 25, 2010]
    happy with car pal just feel ripped car mint no dents or pait work part from front bummper n will be getting re mapped just pissed he lied to me gonna try to get summit tho
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jul 25, 2010]
    Just ask him for something in the package as the car power rating is indeed wrong & if happy with car come to a resolution both happy with, cause as Joey says they both map out to the same power anyway.
  6. jojo

[Jul 25, 2010]
    Well, if you follow a certain thread in the 8L section, decent S3's are hard to come by, so I'd be happy to keep what I'm happy with. Nothing to stop you getting something back of course, but as mentioned before, remap it to release it's full pontential! 210/225, makes no difference mapped!
  7. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

[Jul 25, 2010]
    I think it would of been an honest mistake from the salesman, they have no reason to lie about it. And salesmen arnt usually experts on certain models, they only sell cars.

If it really is mint I wouldnt be so keen for them to take it back, and it does say the power in the log book so not sure what you have to stand on anyway. 210 is as good as the 225, infact im not sure but isnt the tax cheaper?
  8. fattiereturns

fattiereturns A4 2.0T Q

[Jul 25, 2010]
    Of course you'll notice, as soon as you come across a 225 version and it walks away from you... :sadlike:
  9. jojo

[Jul 25, 2010]
    More like creep past you! lol
  10. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Well if you want something from the seller, get him to pay for a remap for your car? That way your happy about the power and it's saved you money and will keep a smile on your face. I can understand that you'll be annoyed that he lied, but like joe says, its not much difference - trust him on that, he's has 10 years experience on that car.
  11. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Jul 26, 2010]
    Mate, the difference is hardly noticable, however from a principle thing, you were informed incorrectly of the spec of the car, now how you take that up with him, is upto you.

What i did notice though on alot of ads when I was looking and even up till today that the majority of garages, that dont really know much about the car, will always advertise it as a 225bhp, even if it isnt, as thats what they think appeals.

Guess its just a case of checking, did you do any checks/research when you were buying the car, as this could obviously have highlighted the issue before purchase.

Let us know how you get on with this......