1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help needed please.... B5 AVANT SLIGHTLY MODDED

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Steve B5 Biker, May 11, 2012.

1. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

[May 11, 2012]
    Hi all Audi fans, i need advice and any pointers as to costs/remedies/causes of the following problem ,
    My 2000 x reg A4 2.5 tdi avant, has developed a serious issue best described as clutch judder,shaking the car /engine quite violently,this only seems to happen when moving off from a standing start , it happens only once i have done several miles of normal driving conditions, then after getting into heavy traffic and or lots of clutch work/ parking and slow manouvering it suddenly appears,.
    I have read posts on here, re moisture on clutch plates a possible cause ? any other advice- experiences of same or simular problems would be most welcome ...

Cheers in advance for any replys

Steve:unsure::scared2:
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. gen.heinz guderian

gen.heinz guderian Well-Known Member Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[May 11, 2012]
    sounds like clutch/ dual mass flywheel. how many miles has it done?
  4. Steve B5 Biker

Steve B5 Biker Member

[May 11, 2012]
    Hi Heinz,the car has 153k but dont know if its original clutch or not !!!!
    No history as such with car.

Thanks for reply
  5. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

[May 11, 2012]
    Id go with dual mass flywheel but give the mounts a once over i had a similar problem on my old 1.8 ADR and found the alloy part off the o/s mount snapped in half.
  6. murran

murran Active Member

[May 11, 2012]
    sounds like a clutch issue to me, once the friction plate gets warm. might be part contaminated with oil? section of the plate material breaking down?

think the car would have to had very good careful drivers to get it to 153k on one clutch.
  7. S4_dan

S4_dan Fire up the Quattro!

[May 12, 2012]
    I concur, the clutch is the likely culprit as mentioned above. Same thing happened on a Saab 9-5 3.0 Tid I had. Luckily, I noticed it during a test drive and was replaced before I actually purchased the car. That too was dual mass and cost the bloke nearly half the asking price of the car! :)