Help needed please.... B5 AVANT

Steve B5 Biker

Reaction score
Hi all help needed please... had a prang recently backed into a post and put big crease in tailgate along bottom edge, not repairable as it has rust bubbling through where the window seal is and body shops wont guarantee it wont return without major chopping out of the affected area,therefore making it a very expensive repair.
Alas I have found a tailgate on the internet its from a 2000 w reg 1.8 petrol, problem is mine is facelift b5 and not sure if the one ive found will direct fit onto my car
So need help identifying the body parts are same..

Any help and advice much appreciated.

A4 tailgate

Steve:banghead:

Should be fine, pre facelifts are some T reg and before. To double check if the handle is flush on both you are fine, bar paint of course!

Hi Steev done a bit of digging and pre facelifts are 98 back to 95... so it is same tailgate as mine just need to view it to make sure theres no rust on it otherwise not viable to paint.

thanks for your input pal...

Easiest way to tell, and the main difference, is facelifts have electronic boot pop.

If your car has electronic pop, that one will fit.

Aragorn yes mine has elec boot pop, if by that you mean you put your fingers under lock where number plate lights are and just pull up and the boot pops open... by the way forgive my ignorance and thanks for the info.....