Help identifying Lights

Lewis90

Reaction score
Morning all,
just a quick one, i was fannying around with my headlights last night and just wondered what type of bulbs i might have in my projectors? as far as im aware they are oem, i cant get my hand in to check! they are a nice white colour which when they come on the look blue but eventually burn whiter. ive removed my sidelights as i could never find a bulb to match the colour,

Any ideas of whether or not these are HID's or xenon or what ( im not very clued up on bulbs etc )

any help would be appreciated.

Cheers. Lewis

IMG01219-20111224-1332.jpg

They're xenons mate. You should be able to get some led sides I think a from t8ups on here that will match. Have you removed the sidelight bulbs altogether?

you have the standard projectors that take the D2S bulbs. sounds like you have the 6000k bulbs as they first burn blueish and then clear to a white light.
the OEM 4300k bulbs are slightly yellow and the 8000k bulbs have more of a whiter/blueish tint on them.

i have 8000k on mine and they are bright... was comparing them to Digzz's headlights which are OEM 4300k and the difference is huge!

edit.... here are a few pics of the lights on my car to give you an idea (iphone pic :sorry:)

f1cc704f.jpg

e104281b.jpg

6a9d6bad.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers mate,

They look much better than mine. where would i get them from? yea i took the sidelights out because i theink they look better without any.

i like the tinge of blue in yours, are they contantly like that or just on initial turn on?

yh the lights are like that all the time.

these should be good enough for you: D2S 35w HID Xenon Bulb Set - HIDS DIRECT LTD Store
you can select the bulb temp on that page as well so you get the one you want.

I have fitted a few 8000k bulbs and they look far better than the 6000k. I would stay away from anything above 8000k though, gets too bright and blinding.

yh the lights are like that all the time.

these should be good enough for you: D2S 35w HID Xenon Bulb Set - HIDS DIRECT LTD Store
you can select the bulb temp on that page as well so you get the one you want.

I have fitted a few 8000k bulbs and they look far better than the 6000k. I would stay away from anything above 8000k though, gets too bright and blinding.

Ahh nice one mate cheers,

r these any good? i know ive heard ppl bang on about phillips ones etc but if these are good il get them, are they direct replacement?

Philips applies when you are getting halogen lights. With the xenon bulbs is just a replace the bulb job and it works. Just pick your desired colour temp when ordering