Hello from Southampton

marcusp13

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Off to pick up my first A3 8L tonight. I've always been a VW man (a couple of 6n Polos, Bora PD150 and a MK5 R32) but after a while without a car I've decided to get myself a little project and a nice 2002 derv came up for the right price.

I've already started looking at which direction to take it in through inspiration of some of the threads on here, once I pick up and I start getting some parts together and decide where I am going I will start putting a thread together!

Look forward to getting stuck in.

Hi, welcome to Audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any pics?

Here's a picture from when I picked it up on Wednesday evening, a nice rainy day. I've been busy all weekend so haven't had a chance to take ay other photos and the weather isn't really cleaning weather!

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    440.5 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Sandra
Hi everyone

I've had the A3 a couple of months now and haven't really got around to doing anything with her as I've moved location with work so that has taken president.

I've done about 3000 miles in 2 months, mostly to Chelmsford and back and she hasn't put a foot wrong yet. As recommended by the previous owner, I serviced her not too long after purchase and am currently working through a few little items (cv joint, linkages and a couple of horrible noises at very low revs) but once these issues are gone (and I find a house with a garage with power - or someone around Southampton who fancies lending me their garage :sos:) I will be spending a good couple of days correcting the paint and giving her some well deserved love, before starting to get into the swing of things and getting some ideas together.

Just want to say that, from all of the OC/brand tailored forums I have been on; the wealth of help, knowledge and experience on this forum is above and beyond what you would expect.

Anyway, I hope to check back in soon.