hello from newbie with minor build thread (pic heavy)

dan786

Reaction score
Hey all introduced myself few weeks ago but never got a chance to put any pics up. took a few pics this week to show use all. after previously owning vw golfs since ive been driving went from mk4 tdi to gti to v6 4 motion to mk5 gti to mk5 r32 was going for the new gti but everyone told me to get something different now as ive had the golfs so went for the s3. have to say i am loving the car the drive and bulid quality of the car is better compared to the golf's.. i loved my r32 but have to say this is a better car to drive but deffo will say my r32 sounded and looked better.

Ive had the s3 about 3 months now its a 2009 facelift s3 s tronic. i bought it direct from audi in london was a 1 owner car had most of the extras init and got a good deal on it with 1 years audi warranty with it so was happy with it. well seen as though all my other cars were done up the s3 looked a bit plain as standard so started doing my little bits to it.

I started with tinting the windows 50% all round , the had a blueflame cat back non res exhaust fitted through a mate of mine who knows them and got me a good deal on it and have to say it sounds awesome with not a lot of noise in the actual car which is the best bit as my r32 was loud with non res millteks, then had kw v1 adjustable coilovers fitted to it, which i have to say the ride is a lot better then standard, my mates got a remapin company so went to him for a remap. he uses a company called dimsport, was a bit 50/50 at first as ive always used dms in the past but ended up doing it and have to say im very happy with the result . the power gains were excellent with plenty of pull throught the gears. last thing i need was a cai, so went for a forge twintake as i had the itg in my golf gti so thought id try something different and am very pleased with it. makes a lot of sucking noise when your cruising which is a bit annoying sometimes but sounds great when you put your footdown and made quite a bit of difference to the throttle responce. then i cut my engine cover down to size to fit with the twintake and sprayed it gloss black.

wanted to do something to the grill was thinking of the black edition or spray it with plastidip.. so i went down the plastidip route to see how it worked and it actually turned out ok pretty impressed. i kept the chrome lip and sprayed the inside of the grille.just need a nice set of wheels now tried my lambo wheels of my gti on the car in the pic below but not too sure . what do you guys think or suggest i should go for? thanks

IMG-20111210-00240.jpg

IMG-20111210-00238.jpg

IMG-20120414-00261.jpg

IMG-20120414-00256.jpg

IMG-20120503-00319-1.jpg

IMG-20120422-00283.jpg

Last edited:
Love the car Dan. Its a really nice colour. :) x

That R32 is Crazy....:hubbahubba::drool: Loving that!!!

That colour blue is lush ! loving both cars !as you say tho the r32 is better looking .

Thanks for the comments guys. I do miss the golf a lot just couldnt do much to them performance wise had milltek cai and revo remapped didnt do much to it though. Where as the s3 u can do a lot more. Just stuck on what wheels to go for?

Lovely cars :wub: Is that a CL63 in the background as well?

Not sure about the lambo's on your S3 though.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do miss the golf a lot just couldnt do much to them performance wise had milltek cai and revo remapped didnt do much to it though

*Cough* supercharger *cough*

R32 and S3 are both awesome mate!

Hello Dan786

I do like the R32 but I would rather have an S3 :p as for the alloys I prefer the original ones as I like to keep with the same kind of alloys that audi produce (A3 with S4 or S5 alloys etc) and as mine is only a A3 I would be very happy with your S3 alloys lol

As for the lambo wheels it is a different look but personally think your better off with the other versions I have seen audi's pull off better

MODAV%20W30%20MT%20BLK%2019.jpg

Hope this helps :D and P.S. if your ever gonna get rid of your original S3 Alloys please let me know xD haha

Reactions: Gweev
Yes thats a cl63 dads motor lol . was thinking about doin a supercharger to the R but then never bothered was a 06 plate 30k on it dsg was like brand new inside out i just put it up at 15k just to see the responce ended up selling it the same night lol. I like the audi just need a nice set of rims. Mr white wolf ive already got a set of these lambos too had them on the gti first b4 my bro decided to change them to the new lambo ones. Got another s3 8p2 i tried them on there never looked anything special tbh. I like the originals was thinkin of getin the rep of them in 19's? Tried bidding on a set of rs3 rims last week they went for over 2k. Bit pricey

Last edited: