Have just found out my car has got the wrong Licence Plate on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashstuff

Reaction score
Wondered why I never got any speeding tickets……………

My a3 has just gone in for its first mot since iv had it and my mechanic has just been round to tell me its got the wrong licence plate on it,

Looks like an honest mistake the real plate should be Y994 *** when the one on it is Y944 *** which belongs to a Audi TT,

Looks like the mot guy is gonna let it through with it with new plates on it.

My insurance, V5 and old MOT are on the right plate, don’t know about the tax until I get the car back but am guessing its ok as have not been fined. Don’t know how I never spotted this. Have done a registration check on Y994 *** and all looks fine.

Anyone had any experience of this and the outcome?
Does this get declared to the cops and if so what happens then?

Thanks

Ash

One of my mates bught a new car and had his plate put on it which is 3 numbers and 3 letters and they made the front plate incorrect (letters, then the numbers) the rear one reversed.

It was like that for months

J.

Yes, got my car back, mot guy was happy with new number plates,

I guess it would be a good way to avoid speeding tickets... ive got the german dealership surrounds which allow the plates too pop in and out... might get and extra set made up lol

My mate drove around with a plate with the numbers the wrong way round up front for ages, something like 5 years, and you would never notice, unless someone pointed it out.(he knew of course) He only told me about it when it failed it's MOT for a number of things, it was an F reg Honda Accord Aerodeck.

I bought a brand new Fiesta Zetec S in 2001 and that had a digit missing on the V5 compared ot the chassis. Was only when I got pulled about 12 months later that I found out and had to get it corrected. Just think all those camera's I could have gone thru without getting a ticket.......

The first A4 I bought (from Fontain), had the wrong plate on the front. It read "T 120 TVK", when it should have have been "T 120 RVK".

I noticed it when I arrived home from collecting it, parked it on the drive, walked away and then couldn't resist glancing back with pride at my first ever Audi (sad git).

It worked out pretty well, cos when I called them, they immediately agreed to pay for me to get a new set of plates made up locally, which was fine because I was planning to do that anyway. I wanted plates with the EU/GB symbol on them, plus I hate having the supplying dealer's emblem on my plates. I don't care who they are or how good they are, I'm not paying umpteen thousand quid to act as a mobile advert for anyone.