Has anyone tried a shorter gear shifter?

nervus

Reaction score
As topic really, im considering a neuspeed shortshifter but can't see how it can work as it claims.

Any feedback or advice of anyone who has had one on the S3 would be greatly appreciated.

I'd heard that the dieselgeek shifter was the best in terms of feel. Can anyone confirm this?

Normal price is £140+vat, but i'm doing them at £130+Vat at the moment. They are available only for O2M 6 speed gearbox (S3, TT, R32 .etc) but check the pin connections on your current shifter are the same as the new one BEFORE ordering.

I would say this is probably as good as it gets purely because its very adjustable so can be suited exactly to your needs!

Rich

The Ecs one is the best i have looked at. As Rich says its fully adjustable for weighting and throw so you can tailor it to your requirements.

tried the neuspeed, ****** awful.

hated it. removed in under 50 miles and sold on.

its since had a couple more owners too and i wasnt its first.

They are rubbish, they only reduce travel in one plane and make the gearbox notchy and recalcitrent.

Waste of money IMO.

i've got a neuspeed, love it, from shifts are excellent take less than half the time, true just in one plain but i like it front to back is shorter, side to side is same, i'm always confident i'm in the right gear when shifting quick not sure i would be if side to side was less. personal choice

[ QUOTE ]
They are rubbish, they only reduce travel in one plane and make the gearbox notchy and recalcitrent.

Waste of money IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt agree more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I think the Ecs one addresses most of the problems acociatled with the neuspeed ones with regard to consistancy throughout all gears.

I know the neuspeed reduced 1st, 3rd, and 5th gear position by 30% and

2nd, 4th, and 6th by 60% which gives ****** aweful feel as its not a consistant throw.

does any1 in north london or nearby have an ecs shifter i could have a look at?
Interested in this item but would like to see what its like befor purchasing.

[ QUOTE ]
i've got a neuspeed, love it, from shifts are excellent take less than half the time, true just in one plain but i like it front to back is shorter, side to side is same, i'm always confident i'm in the right gear when shifting quick not sure i would be if side to side was less. personal choice

[/ QUOTE ]

i second this. AB