has anyone tried Toyo PXT1-S

edward_harris

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6
Reaction score
going to buy some replica sportec wheels, and the upgraded tyres are Toyo PXT1-S, has anyone tried these or no what they are like?

Pretty sure they are proxtes T1s...? They are the old style toyos, (or maybe a new version of the old ones..?)

Anyway, I like toyos but upgraded to the T1Rs last time around on my S3 with Billies and they work very well on it to be honest.

BTW saw the yellow beasty this moring Ed, when is it due back to you?

Ment to be getting it monday now, as the pump they used was faulty apparantly. So they have one on order for monday morning! Ed did say it feels alot quicker now the boost is higher tho! :yes:

ive got my new alloys being delivered on Monday, theyre wrapped in Toyo T1S's, I too have had T1Rs before and found them a very good tyre, ill see what the T1S is like when I get them, but im sure being Toyos you cant go far wrong

T1-s are the earlier model there was a big discussion about these on the mlr and the older tyre has a softer compound and "seems" to grip better..

i run a set on the s3 not for any particular reason than i could get them at a good price lol

i'd agree, T1-s have always been good for me, have run T1-r's too an they seem to last longer, grips 50-50 but you'd take the t1-s for really pushin it!

I have T1-s' and i like em only thin is they wear quite quick. but soft is good. 7-8,000 miles and needed new front ones but they grip well