Had A Stage 1 Remap At Amd Today

tom2001s3

Reaction score
Hi all, was planning on doing a few bits and pieces to the car before mapping but couldn't wait so had it done today for the time being.

I'm not out to slate amd at all but i have heard there rollers are generous, some you might have read about my car already it is a 2001 amk on 53k, had one older owner who cherished it.
I have put a s2000 filter on and a forge 007p my standard run came out at 215bhp and 216ftlb. Now with the condition of the car and the filter is this possible or ambitious? After mapping the car came out at 255bhp and 275ftlb.

Just wondered what people's views on this are. Can put a picture of the graph up later if it interests any one

Thanks

Tom

Hey, congrats on getting your car mapped. I'm looking to do the same soon :thumbs up:

The AMK engine as standard has 210bhp(I think) and after 13yrs (but only 53k!? - nice!) I doubt it would still quite have that even with the filter so 215 may be a tad optimistic I'd say. I reckon that's perhaps 10 up on what it probably is so perhaps apply that to your final figure also? At least the final figure sounds very realistic though as opposed to some generic maps that claim 265.

Bet the car feels great regardless though :applaus:

Your stock results sound bang on, and your st1 results sound bang on also!

AMD were known in the past to have an optimistic dyno, but it's been re calibrated in recent years and seems to give decent results these days :)

So long as it feels good, I'd be happy :)

Reactions: Essexman and tom2001s3
Thats exactly it though it is just a number. Cars feals brilliant now, they were impressed there where no leaks or faults, apparantly a lot get sent away unhappy.

Only other thing the put a yellow spring in the 007p, sure i read the green would suffice??

Thanks for the feed back

Tom

Looks pretty typical of a st1 mate. It's fairly common to use a yellow spring for a st1 map. In theory a green will surfice yes, but 99% of tuners will fit a yellow to be safe.

So long as you're enjoying the car that's all that matters. It sounds like it's running just fine.

Yeah I'd be happy with that result from a stage one.

At least you know its been done properly.

Tom,
What sort of fuel are you using, these results are very good, IMO, with no mods at all, assume 98 RON at least?
You did well to get a car with no leaks, did they smoke test it then?
I would recommend TIP and cone from Badger next step.

+1 on getting a TIP...

Not sure about a different cone if you're already running a S2000 Cone filter.

Hi guys, yeah I have a s2000 filter. B5 tip, 3" down pipe, decat and fmic are all on the way soon.

They didnt smoke test it but saw them taking some pipes apart and putting a gauge on checking for drops obviously, like i said they were very happy with it.

I only use momentum 99 octane in the car. Thanks again

Tom

Ah, I didn't realise it was fitted with a cone already.
Badger's TIP V2.2 is the best, IMO.

Would recommend getting B5 to fit the TIP, its not as easy as some make out and smoke test it, he found several leaks on mine.

Maybe but there are a lot of connections to old hoses that tend to need replacing anyway and the smoke test reveals if there are other hoses that are leaking. Also the power run is useful to make sure it is running ok, or not as the case maybe.

I just fitted a boost gauge, took the car for a quick drive in second and third it peaks at 20psi and 15 in first. does this sound about right?

Tom

Last edited:
Ok, I was a bit concerned thought it was high. Cheers bud

Tis a bit for Stage I perhaps.
If you could PM me some details of your Boost gauge fitment? I know its been done elsewhere if I search it.
Tks

Hi, I,ve read the post with great interest as I will be looking to get mine remapped before xmas hopefully. I was intending on making the trek to R tech as recommended on here, but if I could get same quality at AMD would be easier for me, as good now??
I'm also planning on getting exhaust (downpipe with sports cat & system) & fitting B5 tip but will stick with stock air filter as I'm still not convinced with these cones.
I'm only going for st 1 is there anything else needs changing (other pipes etc?)

Thanks

Steve

Hello mate, I'm new to these cars but trying to read as much as possible on them. From my understanding if you are going to do the mods you listed then that will be a stage 2 map. Next on your list would be a front mounted intercooler, after that your going into hybrid turbo territory and larger injectors etc...
I'm not in a position to offer advice on where to get mapping done but amd are well know and I was happy with them.
Also I was very pleased with the s2000 filter, for the money they cost its worth a try and see.
Anyone please feel free to correct me though.

Tom

Reactions: Imola-S3