Grrrr - Dont some people just p!ss you off...

What about buying the child care credits at source saving 40% that cetainly wasn't around when I was younger... (I thought that came under the tax credits but after a bit of a look-see it doesn't!)

deargodmakeitstop.jpg

All I know MB is that I'm £400 a month for childcare and get zero help from the family tax credit system.
We get the £16 a week child benefit and that's that.
I'm not a big earner and neither is my missus.
Again,I'm not complaining,merely correcting the common misconception,fuelled by misleading goverment propoganda,that parents get "all sorts of benefits".

I know nothing of the child care credits you speak of.

Don't talk to me about tax credits, i've just got a nice £4300 bill to pay them, which was nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

There goes my S3 project. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I must admit I like TuffLittleNut's idea that you all owe me some money - all contributions greatfully received.

Only joking..... Your all providing me with hours of enjoyment just contributing to Audi-Sport.net. Keep up the good work. Mind you I do try and read some threads, most on another forum that shall remain nameless but I think it's something to do with Tyres, I do wonder where all the money spent on education and the teaching of English went. Perhaps I just come from an earlier era when standards were much higher.

As someone said earlier in this thread we're all different and have differing views on many things but the thing that we all have in common is the love for our Audis (bowfer excepted who hates his or at least his DSG)

Bowfer

Have a look here: http://www.busybees.com/ looks like you can save a few quid if both parents are working but it looks like your comapnies need to register for it. My sister also gets this but she's a teacher so it kind of figures they would be able to...

J.

I'm prepared to sell my kids so that those without can also have the opportunity to take advantage of all the fantastic benefits afforded by HM Government.

Anyone know what the going rate is for used kids these days? I've tried Parkers and that's no use. I've got two boys and I was thinking that it's about time to change them anyway. Not sure about the colour yet but I'll be looking for something a bit more economical.

Jakey GTi - 2003 model with four wheel drive. Goes like the clappers but a bit unpredictable. Squeaks a bit at high revs.

Ben SE - 2001 model in pink. Solid and reliable. High spec. Good runner. FSH.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm prepared to sell my kids

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I'm interested in your kids TLU but can you tell me how many previous owners have they had and do they come with the usual factory fitted toys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I love kids - just can't eat a whole one - sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry .......

Personal digs aside, and whether or not having children is a good idea (!), this has been an interesting thread. It's proved, yet again, that the mind of the motorist is not uniform whatsoever. What seems perfectly acceptable to one driver is just totally mindless to another.

My blood boils when I see a driver meandering in the middle lane of a motorway when the nearside is clear. Yet, although I don't really have a problem where people park their car, and certainly wouldn't expect it to be vandalised as a result, it's still not acceptable behaviour to others.

So perhaps could I politely suggest that the moral of this thread is this: all posters to our forum have completely different views on motoring standards, but we should all agree never to vandalise each others cars, whatever they've done wrong.

Agree with the bit about meanderers in the middle lane(!) - I'm a serial 'undertaker' (apologies to those who disagree but tough!)

I'm with you on that one TQS. If people don't like being 'undertaken' then the should pull over into the left hand lane.

Does anyone regularly use the M42 - when does the 'No overtaking by HGVs' apply. Went along there on Saturday and I assume the large square matrix signs light up when it applies. It's just that it makes so much difference to the traffic flow in Germany I think it should apply to more roads over here.

[ QUOTE ]
Personal digs aside, and whether or not having children is a good idea (!), this has been an interesting thread. It's proved, yet again, that the mind of the motorist is not uniform whatsoever. What seems perfectly acceptable to one driver is just totally mindless to another.

My blood boils when I see a driver meandering in the middle lane of a motorway when the nearside is clear. Yet, although I don't really have a problem where people park their car, and certainly wouldn't expect it to be vandalised as a result, it's still not acceptable behaviour to others.

So perhaps could I politely suggest that the moral of this thread is this: all posters to our forum have completely different views on motoring standards, but we should all agree never to vandalise each others cars, whatever they've done wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that - very cool thread, it has made me laugh which is cool but lets not vandalise others property, no matter how Chav it is someone has paid for it!!!!

Steveb - the thread cannot be that bad - it's got more views and replies than most !

So let me summarise the thread so far...

1. I am p!ssed off that someone took it upon them selves to vandalise my car.
2. It's ok to vandalise a car if it's parked in a family bay. I'd just like to point out my car wasn't park in one of these bays at the time of the incident!
3. If you don't like kids your an idiot or a ***** although this was later revised.
4. If you like to keep your car clean and shiny then it is because it is a kid substitute
5. You should only get married to have kids.
6. If you happen to get married and don;t want kids your "odd"
7. If you drive in the middle lane expect to be undertaken.

Did I miss anything out?

Edited: I missed out the married/no kids/being odd...

marriedblonde - you forgot to mention HGVs overtaking each other and totally blocking the road.

What else can we find between us that p!isses us off... must be car or driving related though or do we think we've aired our views enough for now ?

****** women drivers who feel it ok to pay more attention to the house they are driving past then the road ahead!

People who use a mobile phone while driving, wandering accross lanes, thats not hands free.

Erm, there must be many. many,many more...

2. It's ok to vandalise a car if it's parked in a family bay. I'd just like to point out my car wasn't park in one of these bays at the time of the incident!
3. If you don't like kids your an idiot or a ***** although this was later revised.
4. If you like to keep your car clean and shiny then it is because it is a kid substitute
8. If you don;t have kids it is ok to park in family spots at supermarkets
9. If you don;t have kids and park in family spots your selfish.
10.Those without kids have paid for those with kids schooling etc

Did I miss anything out?

One thing I did miss out earlier, while I think it is ok to park in the family spots at sainsbury's I don't use the ones in Southamptons shopping centre west quay...

J.

Awesome!!!

Phone users are idiots (and this coming from a man who works for an operator!!)

I assume you mean mobile phone users who use their mobiles whilst driving rather than phone users in general - land line and mobile ?

urm - yeah, better to be accurate, phone users are good for business, landline or mobile, but never when driving (Landline while driving would be interesting!)

[ QUOTE ]

8. If you don;t have kids it is ok to park in family spots at supermarkets
9. If you don;t have kids and park in family spots your selfish.
10.Those without kids have paid for those with kids schooling etc

Did I miss anything out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fantastic MB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kev.

Badly adjusted headlights
Cars with less than the required lights
Drivers who stop unnecessarily at roundabouts
Cyclist with no lights
Speed humps
Drivers who will insist on doing 70 or less in the outside lane and refuse to pull over to the left.
HGVs that pull out and overtake on a two lane road - one doing 56mph and the other doing 57mph thus blocking the road for miles

Just a few to be going on with...

David,

You missed cars with too many lights...

Matt,

I work in Telco but not the operator side of things... Probably supply half your kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

J.

David - real good point, hesitancy is one of my beefs, slows the whole world down, the other annoying one is following too close, sheeesh!!

MB - interesting industry eh!!

People who smoke in cars,then insist on throwing the butt out the window.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

people who drive at 30 through all the twisty bits then accelerate when the only overtaking opportunity arises.

people who cut you up when you've been stuck in a queue of traffic waiting for your turn to overtake.

[ QUOTE ]
people who drive at 30 through all the twisty bits then accelerate when the only overtaking opportunity arises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or,people who drive at 45mph on a 60mph country road,only to stay at 45mph when they enter the 30mph village I live in...

Have we had 'drivers using the left hand lane at an island when they're leaving via the last exit which is almost certainly to the right'? Thus preventing anyone else leaving the island at all....

And of course the ancient by-law which allows anyone over 80, wearing a Trilby hat and driving a mint Austin Allegro with only 1850 miles on the clock to do 12mph straight down the middle of the road!

Forgot about those that do 20mph along a road which you can't overtake on when it's clear and 50 would be ideal. Then they get to a busy junction and just go straight over cutting everybody up as if they're in a ****** hurry! Worst still it then takes you five minutes to get across the same junction and then, just as you're about to explode, you catch the dickhead up again - still doing a steady 20.

Also forgot the bloke in a cranky old transit that pulls out in front of you from a side road causing you to test your ABS to it's fullest extent and then turns off again 20 yards later....

We've all forgot to mention probably the biggest thing rather than people that 'p!sses' us off - SPEED (REVENUE) CAMERAS in general and Mobile Camera Vans in particular.