1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gear Knobs

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Defratos, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

Hey guys, ok so I was taking a look at my friend's S3 and he's got a different shifter to mine (the knob that is), it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Mine looks like this :blownose:
    [​IMG]

Now I wanted to ask where I can get the standard S3 one from? and would the TT shifts from VAG parts fit? (as pictured below?)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cheers, for any help.

P.S. Since I'm asking about shifters, do any of you know where I can get the standard S3 steering wheel from? and get the airbag to work? This multi-function **** sucks
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Your mate has a facelift dash which = facelift gearknob
  3. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I've got an Audi all metal shifter for my S3 that I got through VAG Parts however it came with the surround and leather gaitor for the facelift so I had to swap over just the knob bit. They stopped listing it not long after I got mine (which took an age to arrive 6wks +).
  4. 1ndy

1ndy Member

are the ones on VAG parts genuine Audi parts?
  5. ChriS3

ChriS3 hud at ye bam

Yes, but they get their parts direct from Germany. There's a few things that are RHD specific that they can't get (floormats).
  6. Defratos

How come mine isn't a facelift dash? Everything else is (i.e. Lights) I thought maybe the previous owner got it with the multi-function steering wheel.
  7. Defratos

Was this the original S3 one? or an aftermarket all metal one?
  8. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

his dash looks like its a facelift aswell so I cant see why he has a different gear knob..

...anyone know where I can pick up an S3 leather handbrake? Tried vagparts and they dont do them :confused:
  9. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I'll see if I've got a pic when I get home - it's not quite the same as the TT one you've got a pic of and I've got a friend with an S3 that's got the same one in his facelift S3 (or the previous owner did the same as me) so I think it must have been an official factory option or accessory on the later cars.

PS... your's is a facelift car, don't worry I think they must have changed the design of the gear knob a few times.
  10. nervus

nervus Active Member

There was an all metal one in the gmbh exclusive range which was a supplement to the brochure from 2002 onwards. It was so annoying as most dealers didn't know it existed so not many people benefited from specing their parts.

It also had carbon insert options and the factory lowered suspentsion available seperately for avus wheeled cars (was standard with the 18"RSTT's - thats why they were an £2500 option) etc etc.