1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Audi Health Checks?

evilbow Jun 20, 2010

1. evilbow

evilbow Member

Do Audi do free Health checks on your car, giving a report on its condition and anything needing done??

Ands its FREE??

I'm also enquirying with them over a patch of rust 6inches long at bottom of drivers door?

How stubborn are they over claims?

Any requirments like FASH? Owned car for x amount of time?

Just purchased it after previously having an Audi A3 1.8se then Mk4 Golf then an Audi A4 b5, I'm back to my Audi A3 1.8sport :) 1 prev owner 100k FSH cam etc changed at 80k (but has a god awful tow bar on it:scared2::detective2:

Desp need new wheels tho as has steelies:slapped:

Anyone near glasgow area have old wheels wanting rid of much cheapness please PM:icon_thumright: :eyebrows:

Thanks in advance:sly:

2. finesse

finesse Active Member VCDS Map User

haha no chance

3. evilbow

evilbow Member

4. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

iv had a free health check at plymouth audi, they said they dont offer it but if you ask im sure they have to tell you

5. evilbow

evilbow Member

Is it worth getting done Mike? o is it basic stuff like checking levels etc?

6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

oil,coolant, tyres, brakes, lights, battery condition... i wouldnt bother, nothing anybody couldnt check themselves.

MOT is essentially a health check anyway

7. mike_plymouth

mike_plymouth Member

well i had it done as i had a buzzing in my engine, they looked at it and confirmed what i thought but also told me my exhaust bracket had broke which wud have failed the mot, which i also got free. its basic but it gave me the heads up to get any work done without failing and having to pay for a mot retest

8. jdas03

jdas03 Member

I had it done, it is free and no catches.

The only thing they do kinda exaggerate, they said i had a couple of things that needed doing now i took the car away saying i would book it in etc, got it checked out privately and it was nothing...
    All id say is take the check and if they say something i needing doing get it checked elsewhere to be sure.

They look into things like suspension and things so i guess its nice to have something to confirm the car is in shape :)

9. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

iv never paid for an MOT retest mate.

they obviously would want you too book your car in at the garage so they would exaggerate