1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forge quick shifters

CornRattle Jul 16, 2012

1. CornRattle

CornRattle Member

Opinions please, worth doing or not?
    Also the instructions from Forge seem pretty straight forward, if anyone has actually carried out the fitting is it as easy as illustrated.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

2. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

I have it installed to my S3 and without doubt on of my favourite mods - the gear box feels so much better and it is a doddle to fit!

3. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

i needs to gets me one of these!

4. mjr901

mjr901 Guest

Remember those "S-Tronic" gearboxes? cracking pieces of kit ;) ultra short throw between each gear change. ;)

5. CornRattle

CornRattle Member

Is it worth getting the side shifter as well?

6. H88

H88 Member

@Ash get it mate,I want it but I want to see how it feel on your car first. I had quick shifter on my old civic and it was good but not sure how it will feel on the A3.

7. Boydie

Yes get both!!

8. sachen

sachen Member

Strange! I was thinking on the way to work this morning whether I should do this mod or not...

9. The Engineer

The Engineer Member

I've done the short shifter mod, didn't buy the Forge one though.

Great mod, took me around 40 mins to fit. ;)

Everyone loves a pic or two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rock:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  10. sachen

sachen Member

Would you recommend doing it?

Thinking if i do it, might as well change both parts.

11. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

i have heard loads of good things about it. always having to choose which mod to d first and often forget about other mods... need to put this one at the top of the list

12. H88

H88 Member

What does side shifter do?

13. sachen

sachen Member

I am assuming (correct me if i am wrong) reduces the throw when moving the gear stick left to right.

Boydie likes this.
  14. The Engineer

The Engineer Member

It makes the whole gear change feel tighter and the throw between gears is shorter.

My friend drove my car the day I fitted it, he though it wasn't engaging but was actually in gear.
    Takes a while to get used to but is great for spirited driving. Highly recommended

I drove my dads golf a few days back, the gear change felt like it belonged in a double decker bus :laugh:

15. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

16. sachen

sachen Member

Seriously tempted into this mod! Would it be worth just fitting the quick shifter? Or advisable to change both the quick and side shifter?

17. downtothebone

downtothebone Active Member Team Scuba Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

My set arrived today both quick and side shifters ...

18. S.

S. Save the manuals Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Manual

top mod!

19. Boydie

As I said, do both. You may as well get the full quick shift feel of the gear box plus you will be dismantling the shifter anyway.

20. downtothebone

downtothebone Active Member Team Scuba Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group

Just noticed on my invoice from Forge that the Side Shifter says '... VAG 6 speed up to 2008' - does this mean it wont fit my 2011? There was no choice on the Forge website???

21. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

I have both the short and side shifter available. I bought it for my A3 but for some reason Audi changed the gearing on the MY12 A3s. I'm pretty sure it's either Forge or Neuspeed.

Will found out how much I paid for it and will take a "small" bit off as its brand new in packet. PM if you're interested.

22. CornRattle

CornRattle Member

PM sent

23. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

24. CornRattle

CornRattle Member