For the Love of Cars - Channel 4 - 8pm

Series 2 of The Love of Cars starts on 19 April, 8pm on Channel4 :icon thumright:

Reactions: jojo and Nilz
Anyone catch it tonight? Beautiful Aston Martin DBS, they converted it to a DBS Vantage, i wont spoil the ending

Reactions: Sandra
Im doing catch up as i was watching the moto gp. :) x

That DBS looked stunning, they did the right thing with the interior as well IMO

Havent watched it yet, will try and watch it one of the evenings this week.

not watched this yet, is it repeated?

do they actually focus on the car? or is it like the american *****, where its 55 mins of arguing and all about the guys doing the car and 5 mins of the car?

Hate american shows !!

do they actually focus on the car? or is it like the american *****, where its 55 mins of arguing and all about the guys doing the car and 5 mins of the car?

Hate american shows !!
It's a very British car show, focusing on restoring British classics in the first series, though they've changed the format slightly for the second series, by including the auction at the end of the episode.

Second episode wasn't as good as the Aston Martin one last week, but it was more emotional, so gots my thumbs up. Mk1 Golf GTI next week should be interesting.

Just watched the second episode last night and I have to agree with Jo, it was quite emotional, but was a good one nonetheless. Next weeks episode is defo one worth watching with the Mk1 Golf GTI.

The golf gti episode on sunday was really good. :) x

Watched the Golf GTI episode last night, was a nice story and a great twist at the end.

I was rather annoyed at how Philip Glenister slammed the door on that silver mk1 near the start, if that was my car and he did that, I would be seriously peed off!!

Reactions: jojo and Sandra
Watched the Golf GTI episode last night, was a nice story and a great twist at the end.

I was rather annoyed at how Philip Glenister slammed the door on that silver mk1 near the start, if that was my car and he did that, I would be seriously peed off!![/QUOTE]

Don't worry, It's a Golf, it can take it.

Hate american shows !!

They do focus on the car, it's what the programme is all about and is as British as you can get. It's no 'Project Binky' but still a great show.
Just started watching this series with the AM first. These programmes are aimed at the wider audience hence the lack of technical detail. It does however incorporate some history on the car , the factory and previous owners which can sometimes be another story. As mentioned in the programme 'Provenance' can greatly affect a cars value.

Reactions: Sandra

Hate american shows !!
They do focus on the car, it's what the programme is all about and is as British as you can get. It's no 'Project Binky' but still a great show.
Just started watching this series with the AM first. These programmes are aimed at the wider audience hence the lack of technical detail. It does however incorporate some history on the car , the factory and previous owners which can sometimes be another story. As mentioned in the programme 'Provenance' can greatly affect a cars value.

I was rather annoyed at how Philip Glenister slammed the door on that silver mk1 near the start, if that was my car and he did that, I would be seriously peed off!!

If you've watched the first series, he does that a lot, slamming of car doors! Does my head in as a car enthusiast! It's true to say that the show is partly made by the presenters, but he doesn't seem to know much about cars in general, and his driving ability seems suspect... I wouldn't allow him to drive my car anyways. Lol

Reactions: Nilz
On the 4 catch up website but it does buffer a lot in the evenings, website server can't cope.