Folding mirrors

Orpheus68

Reaction score
Hi all.is it possible to retrofit a3 cabrio folding mirrors to a hatchback.many thanks

Hi all.is it possible to retrofit a3 cabrio folding mirrors to a hatchback.many thanks
Totally and there is a few threads on the forum covering the subject. If you are looking for a professional to complete the retrofit for you please feel free to email me via hello@vagcarcoding.com

Totally and there is a few threads on the forum covering the subject. If you are looking for a professional to complete the retrofit for you please feel free to email me via hello@vagcarcoding.com
Cheers alix.
There is a set of cabriolet ones with modules/switch etc for sale in germany but the guy says they only fit cabriolet.i have full vcds and have retrofitted bits to my a5 before now.what is the differences then if any from the cabrio mirrors/fitment to the 3 door hatchback ones.thankyou for your reply

Cheers alix.
There is a set of cabriolet ones with modules/switch etc for sale in germany but the guy says they only fit cabriolet.i have full vcds and have retrofitted bits to my a5 before now.what is the differences then if any from the cabrio mirrors/fitment to the 3 door hatchback ones.thankyou for your reply
As far as I know the only difference might be the door handle and switch panel. As always do all the checking before you purchase.

Edit: in order to check part numbers I would use the forum search button in order to find the existing threads and see whats been posted already.

As far as I know the only difference might be the door handle and switch panel. As always do all the checking before you purchase.
Thankyou so the mirror base fixing will be the same.im at a loss to how i would check as the chap is saying different

Thankyou so the mirror base fixing will be the same.im at a loss to how i would check as the chap is saying different
Get a reg number of a vehicle like yours but with folding mirrors and then contact an audi parts department. They can give you the replacement part number and you can then compare the cabriolet parts.

Brill idea.these mirrors have lane assist but my car hasnt.i could just ignore that part ?.thankyou for your patience lol

Brill idea.these mirrors have lane assist but my car hasnt.i could just ignore that part ?.thankyou for your patience lol
Yup, just don't connect the wiring unless you want to have a go at changing your windscreen and retrofitting lane assist as well :)

Reactions: Orpheus68
Hi alix.
These are the part numbers for the cabrio mirrors 8v7857409f 8v7857410f i take it the 7 is for cabriolet.the part no.s are different for a hatchback.oh and they will be left hand drive

Hi alix.
These are the part numbers for the cabrio mirrors 8v7857409f 8v7857410f i take it the 7 is for cabriolet.the part no.s are different for a hatchback.oh and they will be left hand drive
Yup the 7 = Cabrio. LHD or RHD does not matter for the mirror bases as the coding in the door modules, and BCM actually, tell the vehicle which side the wheel is on. "sided" should only be taken in to account for the glass.

Hi alix.i bit the bullet and just bought the s3 brushed alu mirrors complete with modules just in case my modules dont fit.anyway may have modules for sale if mine are compatable.just one thing is i dont have the switch yet but im on the understanding that they will fold when locked /unlocked anyway once coded.is that true.thankyou again for all your magic advise

Hi alix.i bit the bullet and just bought the s3 brushed alu mirrors complete with modules just in case my modules dont fit.anyway may have modules for sale if mine are compatable.just one thing is i dont have the switch yet but im on the understanding that they will fold when locked /unlocked anyway once coded.is that true.thankyou again for all your magic advise
Never completed an install without including the switchgear but I guess it should work, if configured to fold on lock.

Im after a retrofit its the only thing my car doesnt have !
?

C552DD22 5345 498F A68E 850AE3AF99B3