Flush or not to Flush

A4 nut

Reaction score
Hi im giving my car an oil change and because im putting in mobil's finest im wondering should i flush out any trace of whats in can you do it to these engines or shall i leave it to drain overnight. The last time the oil was changed was by an indy he also changed the pickup pipe this was 10,000 miles of motoway driving(no more than 70mph)ago so should not be to bad what should i do?

I don't do it every time i change my oil.
But every other change i do use a flusher.
Just done our lasses a3 tdi.

You'd probably be fine without but as pjm said for the sake of a fiver if you have the time you might as well.

Out of interest what was the cost of changing the pickup pipe and did it need doing or was it just belt and braces?

£200 for pickup oil pressure light was on had to leave it with the indy could not get it home.

I wouldnt flush ive seen quite a few cases of it moving too much in one hit and blocking oil ways up and pick up filters
if you want to clean an engine do it slowly with more frequent oil changes .

I flushed mine when I got it to make sure the old oil and new didn't mix on the 20v this can be a problem and I've no idea what oil was in before

Ive done it now flushed it with wynns, new mann filter and filled it with mobil 1 its a lot quieter and smoother now.

I would give the engine a couple of oil change rather then use a flush, as paul20v says it a little more easy on the engine. It will cost a little more but I think it's worth it in the long run of the engine.