1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting double DIN stereo

GTi Si Mar 24, 2007

1. GTi Si

GTi Si New Member

I understand to fit a double DIN headunit or the Sudi sat nav into a single DIN dash I will need the Audi double DIN dash mounting and climate controls.

Does anyone know the part numbers of these parts?

Thanks

S

2. 205man

205man Active Member

3. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

on my last car i boughtand i got from vag parts, they sell the double din for £50 and i got the climate for £150ish from rally@aol.com

4. a4sline

a4sline Member

Hi, you will also need to trim the centre console down. Have a double din console for sale if interested ??
    PM if you want it
    Cheers

5. GTi Si

GTi Si New Member

Cheers - do I definitely need a specific double DIN climate controls?

S

6. GTi Si

GTi Si New Member

PM sent :)

7. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

No mate you dont need the specific climate controls. I fitted mine about 5 weeks ago and trimmed the climate to fit. I do still need to trim a few mm for it to be perfect but others dont notice.

Just take your time doing it and trim a little at a time until it fits and you should be alright. There is nothing difficult about it but I would always prefer to trim/file it 5 or 6 times to get it right rather than once and take to much off it.

The console does need to be trimmed slightly when changing to a double din frame but this is very easy and these instructions are great.

http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing%20Sat%20Nav%20in%20A4.pdf

8. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

you have no excuses now !!!
    c u soon mate
    nath

9. GTi Si

GTi Si New Member

True Nath....just need to buy the car now :)