Fitting Dash Cam - hard wired

cappers

Reaction score
I am looking to hard wire my dash cam into my 2015 A3 TDI sportback via the internal fuse box behind the glove box with one of those piggy back fuse attachments. For the life of me, I cannot find anywhere to attach the ground in the immediate area of the fuse box. Anyone any idea. Do I need to further remove an trim for an area.
Any sugegstions?
Many thnaks

I am looking to hard wire my dash cam into my 2015 A3 TDI sportback via the internal fuse box behind the glove box with one of those piggy back fuse attachments. For the life of me, I cannot find anywhere to attach the ground in the immediate area of the fuse box. Anyone any idea. Do I need to further remove an trim for an area.
Any sugegstions?
Many thnaks

If you use the search function and type dashcam there are several key threads.

Below is the main one.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...d-a-blackvue-dr650gw-2ch.248726/#post-2679354

There are several ground points. 2 are nuts behind the side fuse box plastic panel which you remove ( visible with door wide open ) and the official ground point is located in the main wiring channel along the edge of the front passenger footwell. Most use either of the 2 nuts mentioned above.

Jungle

Reactions: cappers, Audi Bairn and Schizophonic
I've highlighted in a red circle where you can ground one of the 2 points @jungle650 mentioned. @cappers

If you pull the trim off and the carpet you can see the grounding bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_20170522_092157_199.jpg
    IMG_20170522_092157_199.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,605
@jungle650 Thanks for that think ill try the removal of the fuse box side panel. Does it just snap off-open with a bit of leverage?

thanks both very helpful.

@jungle650 Thanks for that think ill try the removal of the fuse box side panel. Does it just snap off-open with a bit of leverage?

thanks both very helpful.

It prizes open if you gently lever it from the bottom and the side with either trim removal tools or a couple of flat bladed screwdriver or kids plastic cutlery. You do not need to force it.

Jungle

It prizes open if you gently lever it from the bottom and the side with either trim removal tools or a couple of flat bladed screwdriver or kids plastic cutlery. You do not need to force it.

Jungle

That's lovely thanks a lot for the info much appreciated

Reactions: jungle650
If you dig out my own thread for the fitting of the 550 on my PFL car (from before that linked 650 one), it'll show you an alternative attachment point that I've also used in my FL car too. Basically take the side panel off the dashboard, there's a torx head screw in there that is grounded. Saves you ripping out quite as much of the trim as that pic.

Same here

Used a nut to the left of the Fuse box accessed by removing the dash side trim.

Had now issues since installing mid May this year.