Finally Ordered S3 After Much Debate - Thanks All.

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
Right,

Ordered from Preston Audi with 8% discount approx.

Audi S3 3 DR
Imola Yellow
Black Buckets / Headlining
RSN-E DVD Sat Nav
Bose
iPOD
GSM Phone Prep in FCA
Electric Folding Mirrors
Light & Rain Sensor Pack
Interior Light Pack
Accoustic Rear Parking Sensors
Exclusive Extended Leather Pack On Knee Pads / Door Arm Rests ( Black Leather / Yellow Stitching )
Exclusive Steering Wheel / Controls Pack ( Black Leather With Yellow Stitching )
Tyre Preasure Monitor
Through Load System.

Thanks for all your help etc. Had to make a decision in the end as I wanted to be different. The lambo Blu Caleam is now the same colour as Audi RS6 Sepang Blue for anyone else's info.

David :s3addict:

Here is a pic of an S5 with Imola for reference.

IMG_9580.jpg

Cangratulations... Nice color choice...

so whats the deivery time set for....

Delivery Probably End Jan Approx.

Collection for 01 March 09

Can't wait already, love the s3's.

David

Yes I kno, when does yours come mate?

Its Jan delivery if you order now anyway. Only like an extra month and a bit.

Dude preferred the green, imola yellow never been keen on, even the orange was much better fella, nice spec though.

I tend to agree with NHN, imola yellow is a very brave but rare colour to go for, thinking of selling on would perhaps incurr a few problems, doubt i could look at it first thing after a night out too! :puke2:

Problem with the green was that they couldnt guarantee that the car would look like the picture i provided and so didnt want to take the risk with 35k.

David

Awesum mate ..How much did they charge for the stiching in the seats ? Why dont you order yellow seat belts as well . I love the red ones on a porsche .

I wanted to be brave and bold and no other colours do that apart from orange which I have previously had.

David

Awesum mate ..How much did they charge for the stiching in the seats ? Why dont you order yellow seat belts as well . I love the red ones on a porsche .

I am having the stitching in the extended leather pack and steering wheel / gaiter / knee pads / handbrake in black leather with yellow stitching.
Audi are yet to confirm the exclusive option with audi etc. Approx £1200 all in all.

He is also enquiring about the seat stitching in yellow but wondered if this was abit OTT?

You can't capture a decent photo of Imola IMO and it is each to their own but I like it!

David

Nice one mate and brave but nice colour choice.

Who cares about re-sale, its crap when you don't buy something you want because other might not like it!

Loving it mate and secretly like the yellow alot myself. Can't wait to see it!

Bold choice !!
Would like to see pics of the extended leather pack

Yellow is going to look so good with a black grill

Richard

Ye, thanks alot.
Will bring it to a meet and show you all by all means.
We should have have audi-sport mega mega meet up next year at some point.

David

No, I personally didn't like it on yellow even though black / yellow are complimenting colours. It kind of took the front of the car away. " My thoughts only ".

David

Very nice...I secretly would like an Imola TT-S :D

From the US...S-Line 3.2 TT

IMG_61421.jpg

Yeh, like I say Iv'e seen many pics on the web and alot don't do justice even though it is YELLOW.
It has to have a little agressive look / lines to wear yellow.

Nice choice mate. You will love it. I personally like Imola but like you said 'Its a bold statement' Enjoy the wait, it killed me LOL

Yes I kno, when does yours come mate?

Its Jan delivery if you order now anyway. Only like an extra month and a bit.

i ordered my 15/9, and got delivery confirmation last week for week 48, which means i should have it 1st week of dec. the sad story is that i will have it parked in my garage for a month....its going to be tuff:scared2:. I am not willing to pay taxes for all of 2007 just to drive for 30 days. SO, Jan 1st will be my first ride...

Mine will take a little longer because I have basically been told about the audi exclusive process.

They order the car etc as to the current spec and it goes to factory for build. Car gets built and passes QC with some bits being the standard black parts.. However for the exclusive bits etc i.e steering wheel etc. They then take the car to a different dept and "rip / dismantle " the factory bits and replace with exclusive requirements.

If you can understand than badly written description

David

Sorry that they couldn't guarantee how the green would turn out - I think it would have been fantastic.

However, Imola is an awesome colour and will look stunning, and the money you saved on custom colour has allowed the very cool sounding extended leather pack.

Enjoy!

good choice of colour dave!
in about 3weeks i'll be able to put up a few
pics of an imola yellow S3 with 19' bbs ch on some H&R springs;)

NOOOOO. heheheh

Not another as.net memeber with Imola.

Yes post some pics, I have yet to see a decent photo of an S3 in Imola.

Can't wait.

David

lol, if it makes a difference i'm all the way in South Africa:)
i also couldn't really find decent pics when i was doing my homework.

i've been waiting since june, finally got word that my car is on a ship
to SA. i'll gladly put up pics mate!!

yes that would be really good. What spec did you go for?

David

Gr8 choice Dave

But Jeeeeesus, how long!!??!!
2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09 : On Order - Roll on March 1st!!!
Is that a delay out of choice or when they told you it will be ready by??

Both, Delay of choise. However because I'm having exlusive etc it will be mid - end of Jan anyway.

David

yes that would be really good. What spec did you go for?

David

bose
hill hold function
interior lights pack
storage pack (found it handy on the gti)
sun roof
folding mirrors
thats it:cool:

sat nav and sports seats are awesome but just way too expensive here in SA.

David loved your last car
And by the look of the colour from that s5 im gonna love the new colour!
Good choice stands out!

Ashley

lol, if it makes a difference i'm all the way in South Africa:)
i also couldn't really find decent pics when i was doing my homework.

i've been waiting since june, finally got word that my car is on a ship
to SA. i'll gladly put up pics mate!!

Got your car yet?

David

no, not yet Dave.
was told that it will enter the country on the 2nd Nov.
and need a few days to clear customs.
and a few more days to get on a truck and be delivered to the stealers.

i'm just glad most of the wait is over, but honestly its the last few days that really suck.
i've been waiting since 18th June:rolleyes:

oh, i forgot to mention full nappa leather ("studded" inserts) and
arm rest in the spec i went for:)

Cool. I found a good pic of Imola. I'll post when I get home tonight.

Seen some real Green ( Hulk ) A3 pictures aswell.

David

Am i the only one who thinks that S5 up there ^^^ is a complete horror show? The S3 should look nice in yellow but christ, saloons and big coupe's do not belong in yellow.....Looks like a Hummer :asskicking:

You could wear this whilst your driving it??

fd-tweety.jpg

Only joking mate.. Think it should look really different.. I couldn't wait that long for a new car!

Jonny

For me that green doesn't work....at all. Had it been a pearl colour or more of a viper green (as picture below) it would look a lot better. Vivid bright green on the wrong car can look like it's a corporate vehicle and should have some sort of advertisement down the side.

s3-green001.jpg