1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fave exterior design feature

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by First Ever Audi, Aug 9, 2013.

1. First Ever Audi

First Ever Audi Active Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    For current owners, I'm sure you have your comments and for the rest of the folks waiting for delivery, you can comment on the 1st September !!

just thought I would put this it there for comments.....what are your favourite exterior design features? I've not had an Audi so I have quite a few!

1. Sharp shoulder line.
    2. intersection of shoulder line with rear light cluster.
    3. Looking from the front, the curves of the front wing as they taper into the corner of the wing..didn't really notice this before
    4. The overall look of the front headlight unit, very smart!

Looking forward to a good chat with this one
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    Although not a new 8v owner yet, the one design feature which blew me away when I first saw the car were the DRL's, which use light pipe technology, and blend in perfectly with the rest of the cars design shape and form.

So many manufacturers have just put in a bunch of LED's where there was space or in a the nearest grill with little design consideration. Of the higher end brands Mercedes are probably the worse exponents of this
  4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    The wing mirrors to be honest. Actually made them a decent, styling, aerodynamic shape after so many hopeless efforts on the 8P.

The original 8P3 mirrors were stupidly large and quickly dubbed "dumbo" ears, which actually lead to Audi changing them very quickly.
  5. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    The wing mirrors to be honest. Actually made them a decent, stylish, aerodynamic shape after so many hopeless efforts on the 8P.

The original 8P3 mirrors were stupidly large and quickly dubbed "dumbo" ears, which actually lead to Audi changing them very quickly.
    First Ever Audi likes this.
  6. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    .... and you felt so strongly about it you said it twice... :undwech:
  7. hittchy

hittchy Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    Don't get me started on Renault and Kia. If you've bought a cheap car, no amount of LED bling is going to make it cool. The new Clio just looks hideous where they've located them.
  8. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Aug 10, 2013]
    citroen are the worst IMHO especially on the DS range, I just hate those vertical bands of bulbs. Sat inside a DS5 and the internal lighting is more like Blackpool illuminations
    First Ever Audi and hittchy like this.