Failing DSG

Jock1996

Reaction score
Evening People,

I recently had to take my 2.0tfsi 06 plate A3 into the garage as the gearbox was playing up big time. It would disengage gears then slam into others and not leave 3rd gear. The car has only done 57k miles and has been serviced and maintained very well.

Audi have said I need a new DSG gear box and quoted me £6k (the car cost me £6k).

Surely it shouldn't be failing so soon.

Can anyone offer any help or advice - would be appreciated.

Evening People,

I recently had to take my 2.0tfsi 06 plate A3 into the garage as the gearbox was playing up big time. It would disengage gears then slam into others and not leave 3rd gear. The car has only done 57k miles and has been serviced and maintained very well.

Audi have said I need a new DSG gear box and quoted me £6k (the car cost me £6k).

Get a diagnostic scan done using VCDS. Then bring the log back to us. This will help someone narrow the fault down. Based on what the diagnostic logs shows, It could very well be the mechatronics unit, rather than the gearbox itself, hopefully. There are a number of people on here around the UK that have VCDS software. Which area are you from. Perhaps @Sandra can point you in the right direction.

Reactions: Sandra
Evening People,

Jock, where are you located?

Also take a look at the DSG-Dokter.

They have a wide range of rebuilt DSG boxes and software available.

Hi Sandra - I'm based just outside Birmingham
Maybe try @desertstorm for a vcds scan
Just click on his name that I have tagged and that brings up his details. Click conversation and send message

Reactions: DJ_26 and S3Alex
Update!

I Issued a formal letter to the garage I purchased the car from, stating that they've sold me a faulty product and they should repair, replace or refund the item under the consumer rights act. I dropped the car off to them they looked it over and confirmed it was the mechatronics unit.
The garage called me up today and told me they've sent the unit off to be reconditioned and the part will be refitted free of charge!
Cant fault their customer service!

Thanks for the help guys!

Reactions: audismart and dg-1984
That's a great result.
Great the garage did this and didnt fob you off.

Reactions: Jock1996