Facelift door module re-wire/re-pin help??

Lewbo

Reaction score
My friend is currently doing the 8p3 facelift, I am helping as I have done this myself in the past, he has all the parts but needs help with the re-wiring of his doors for him to fit correct modules. My car already had facelift modules so was only a matter or coding for me. I am an electrician so will be taking the job on myself but need someone with elsawin to get me the diagram of an 8p2 and 8p3 wiring schematics.

I have searched and can conclude that it's the 20 pin and 32 pin plugs that need re-wiring but I don't know what numbers are what and where to move them too, so if anyone could help me with this will be much appreciated thanks

Anybody have an idea was going to attempt this tomorrow but can't find any diagrams anywhere.

I have done this a few times but I always do it while I have my copy of elsawin in front of me to refer to. Takes a fair bit of time to do too, there are a good few places to reference so I would just get a copy of elsa before attempting it

Wow I forgot about that thread!
Ok so I remember that the cl safe wire needs to be moved from the 20 pin connector to the 32 pin connector as you can see its old and new locations
the terminal 31 and 58 wires just go into the new locations as per the table... After you have done those and the ones that we already know about you may be left over with about 3 wires which I honestly cannot remember... This is where Elsa really helps! Just get yourself a copy from garage forums :ninja:

Ok thanks ash, well I have now ordered elsawin and will find out myself, been after it for a while so gave me a reason to buy it.

buy it? ok fair enough.. i got my copy from another forum as a download. :ninja:

also when you take your door card off you will notice that aside from the 20pin door card connector there is a smaller 2 pin connector with 1 black wire in it... that is the CL Safe wire IIRC that needs to go to the 32pin connector.