Guide pin bolt re-use

wuta3

Reaction score
Hello. Doing my rear pads and discs tomorrow now my rewind tool has arrived. Haynes says new guide pin bolts are required ... Read a few other how-tos on the net and people didn't says this. Are they required? Cheers :)

New guide pins normally come with thread lock embedded into the threads. This will prevent the bolts from undoing after being tightened to the correct torque. Once they have been undone the thread lock is no good any longer. Decent replacement pads should have new bolts with thread lock as part of the kit. Buy OEM for peace of mind. Never skimp on brake components. You will need a short handled torque wrench as the normal long handled versions will not fit under a wheel arch.

New guide pins normally come with thread lock embedded into the threads. This will prevent the bolts from undoing after being tightened to the correct torque. Once they have been undone the thread lock is no good any longer. Decent replacement pads should have new bolts with thread lock as part of the kit. Buy OEM for peace of mind. Never skimp on brake components. You will need a short handled torque wrench as the normal long handled versions will not fit under a wheel arch.
I just grabbed new pads from ECP, didn't come with bolts or anti rattle clips. :(

:keule:lol, Good luck with fitting them this tomorra fella (y)