F1 Season 2011

Wokrs ok here in devon when i click it...But yet it was a total disgrace.. Last year that numpty that is horner was saying Ferrari was out of oirder and Red-bull dont use team orders. This year he uses them and horner takes a different stance.. Hence me saying F1 is all about P.R rubbish..

Here watch this.. Brilliant proof of Horner being a hypocrite!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna put some Red Bull stickers on the car - probabaoly add an extra 100bhp...

Whats people views on this:

BBC Sport - Karun Chandhok replaces Jarno Trulli for German GP

Sponsers playing their hand to get Karun a drive or Lotus looking to replace Trulli? From what I've seen of Karun he's failed to impress me, he seems a nice guy when ever the bbc have interviewed or had him on the show but on track he's not done much imo, Trulli is a good driver but he's not likely to achieve much else in F1 at Lotus.

Not really true. Did you forget silverstone 2011 already? If is wasnt for numpty horner then webber would have had him easily...Here refresh your memory.(Sorry its in german tho)

That's the problem, this is one spec of rain in a pond that suggests the opposite to what you have posted...and so your point is?

Whats people views on this:

BBC Sport - Karun Chandhok replaces Jarno Trulli for German GP

Sponsers playing their hand to get Karun a drive or Lotus looking to replace Trulli? From what I've seen of Karun he's failed to impress me, he seems a nice guy when ever the bbc have interviewed or had him on the show but on track he's not done much imo, Trulli is a good driver but he's not likely to achieve much else in F1 at Lotus.

I dont really recall Karun driving before. For me he is one of those guys who is very forgetable. I tweeted Heikki if he was worried about his seat for next year and he said hes not. So hopefully nothing will come of it..
"Lotus boss Tony Fernandes says the team is in the process of negotiating a contract extension with Jarno Trulli"
Fernandes says Lotus is in talks to extend Trulli's contract - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Guess time will tell..

Is this next years P.R Picture or what?... :moa:

HamiltonRB1.jpg

I dont really recall Karun driving before
do you mean for lotus or in general as he was with force india last year and yes he has failed to impress me also. i see no reason why they would drop jarno except for seeing if jarno has lost his abilty slightly this year, so if karun can out do heikki this race then we shall see what happens but i doubt he can. jarno's experience is vital to lotus so id say they should keep him on and continue to develop this year and next and then hopefully lotus can fight the midfield boys in years to come. i dont see many teams that will be on top apart from the top 3 right now. merc still has a little bit to do to find that extra pace to beat the cars in front.

Yeah i ment in general.. Very un-interesting driver. Anyways heres the man of the moment..

181351.jpg

LOL more F1 Rubbish P.R

Webber says Red Bull team orders just a one-off - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Mark Webber says he and Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel remain free to race each other, and claims the British Grand Prix situation was most likely a one-off.

Yeah ok Webber.. Lets see what numpty horner does the next time shall we...

"Webber insisted he still wants to stay at Red Bull, but admitted he is in no hurry to secure a new contract."

Yeah yeah whatever, we all know you wont be there next year...

i wonder who will be at red bull if mark goes, hopefully not hamilton as i prefer him racing red bull not for them. be interesting as no matter what will happen the driver will be a number 2 period

Did you not see my Hamilton Red-bull picture...lol..

Look at post #448

lol the pic did look pretty good to be fair but I cannot see it happening. I personally feel Hamilton should stay with McLaren and be there through the highs and the lows because at the end of the day Hamilton would very likely not even be in F1 if it wasnt for them supporting him through near enough his whole career.

I really hope Kimi comes back to F1 very soon and jumps in a McLaren for Button. Really enjoyed watching him race.

All booked for next years race and also camping hurrah!

I hope kimi comes back too. Loved to watch that guys racing and had a carefree attitude off track too. Personaly i cant see him ever going back to Mclaren. I think if anything it would be with Red-Bull. I mean he was sponsored by them in his rallying. What i find interesting is at the moment he is racing in nascar but the team and sponsors are not reneiwing the contact with him at the end of this year...intersting..

And so it begins....

Fernando Alonso set the pace in practice for the German Grand Prix to underline Ferrari's resurgence.
Alonso, winner in Britain, was more than 0.3 seconds faster than Red Bull's Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel.
McLaren, too, are confident they can rejoin the fight at the front and Lewis Hamilton was fifth fastest, while his team-mate Jenson Button was sixth.
Sebastien Buemi survived a late incident when his Toro Rosso lifted into the air and landed in the gravel.
Alonso arrived in Germany intent on confirming the step forward in pace that helped him win Ferrari's first race of 2011 at Silverstone.
He and his team-mate Felipe Massa spent a grey morning at the Nurburgring assessing aerodynamics updates, including an upgrade to the car's diffuser.

BBC Sport - Fernando Alonso heads Red Bulls in German GP practice

if your like me then i take p1 and p2 with a pinch of salt. yes they give us comparisons on time but these boys have so much tests they have to do to gain data then the times they put in dont relate to what will happen on saturday.

interesting to see that button was testing a new exhaust system in p2, evidentally it failed but wonder what they will put on the car saturday. not sure if lewis had the same system on though?

I missed P2, had to go out. Will have to watch it via the webby reply now. Just read about the times tho and Webber was fasest they said.. I agree, Practice times are not really a bench mark but its anyone game for pole i reckon...

The second practice had a few close calls,does Alonso know its practice :)

Position Country Driver Fastest Lap
1 germany S Vettel 1:30.916
2 australia M Webber 1:31.049
3 spain F Alonso 1:31.138
4 great britain L Hamilton 1:31.578
5 great britain J Button 1:31.623
6 germany N Rosberg 1:31.694
7 brazil F Massa 1:32.144
8 germany A Sutil 1:32.391
9 germany M Schumacher 1:33.523

well done lewis, fantastic lap to split the red bulls. well done webber.

hopefully lewis can turn that pace into race pace tomorrow and get on the podium atleast

Both Webber and Hamilton really impressive laps. Hope Alonso overtakes Vettel in the first corner tomorrow and we get a fight
between redbull mclaren and ferrari.

This is the type of quali i love, the type where you dont know who's gonna get there and the last lap is just 'open' to anyone... great pole for Webber, wonderful 2nd for Lewis (check out Buttons time!).... I just hope we get as good a race tomorrow, amazing stuff

Brilliant lap by Lewis, looking forward to the race.

Whats happening with Button 1.1 seconds behind Hamilton, needs to get a move on.

Last edited:
It is certainly going to be a good un.....I hope.

Brilliant lap by Lewis, looking forward to the race.

Whats happening with Button 1.1 seconds behind Hamilton, needs to get a move on.

It is one hell of a difference..... we always expect Lewis to out quali Button anyway, thats a given....but by 1.1 seconds!! but then saying that didn't senna out quali a team mate by almost 2 seconds in Monaco back in the day :)

You can come up with all sorts of reasoning, we'll be here all day..... I really like Button but do wish he wouldn't keep excusing himself when he does ****, the kid depresses me!

I just hope we get a nice start and decent in race fighting :) certainly makes for good entertainment, as long as Vettel doesn't win i'l be happy

chandok will lock up all day and ruin his tires and come last lol good guy out the car but not the best driver, although it must be hard for him like he said earlier he is quite new to using the car(in competition mode anyway) and got from 2 seconds behind heikki to around 8tenths which is not bad.

anyway tomorrow is certainly looking like its going to be a good race, i hope lewis gets the win and has some good fights with mark and alonso, hopefully vettel will break his front wing lol anyone for the win apart from vettel then it will be good. alonso is good in race pace so should be quite interesting to see what strategy lewis will be on...... note to team bosses FILL IT UP BEFORE YOU SEND HIM OUT lol

Sounds odd that as they are the team at the moment that they would get someone in who hasn't raced in F1 for 3 years.
His wages must be big too.
You would have thought there are more capable drivers out there to fill the No.2 spot.