Exhaust

a3rob

Reaction score
This site probably got 1000s of peeps viewing every day. so why doesn't anyone have an answer to a simple question i put up?
Is it because i drive a diesel lol and the fact i don't have 12 rs4s in my garage, do i not fit the bill to hav e replies on my questions.
Its a little bit ***** when you ask a simple question and either get some stuck up gimp giving false info, or no answer at all. I thought this site was for audi owners to access and help each other out etc.
Clearly not eh?
:puke:

Care to expand on this thread instead of ranting?

Its the only way to get an answer.
I posted a thread 2 week ago approx regarding exhaust change on pd diesels. Not a single answer

have you considered that maybe no one knew the answer?

Would you like them to put something rather than nothing?

TBH mate, seems a very vague thread, wot is it you want to know? Only states about you possibly fitting a s/s exhaust, do you want to know if it will improve performance, look good, sound good??????

As stated, maybe no-one else has done the specific job on that engine etc. Maybe try a search aswell, more likely to find post from past members that have done this but not members now hence the no reply.

Sure if someone could help they would mate, plenty of helpful folk on here.

Yea maybe me over reacting. i wanted to know all aspects to be honest, best ones to buy and fit with best performance.

When I had that engine I fitted a s/s Piper Performance Exhaust which sounded good enough. There are loads out there to choose from. Miltek and Remus are good ones to look into. Have a look at their web sites.
Good luck choosing and hope you get the info you are after.

This site probably got 1000s of peeps viewing every day. so why doesn't anyone have an answer to a simple question i put up?
Is it because i drive a diesel lol and the fact i don't have 12 rs4s in my garage, do i not fit the bill to hav e replies on my questions.
Its a little bit ***** when you ask a simple question and either get some stuck up gimp giving false info, or no answer at all. I thought this site was for audi owners to access and help each other out etc.
Clearly not eh?
i think the site as been quiet the last few days too as it is holiday season

Agree with dave.

Also mate, where abouts in south yorkshire are you?

welcome Rob, nice rant :)

all i can tell you is that exhausts dont make that much difference on the S3, nor do they on the A3 1.8T if you change the centre box for the TDi straight through middle section...... whether your TDi has a restriction however is beyond me as we probably see 3 TDi's a decade on here.....

Yeah tim's got a point, ditch the sut chucker and get a s3 :).

Clearly not eh?

But yet you have thanked 10 times ??? strange that for a non helpful site !

as for the exhaust on your Derv id say get a custom one made up :) have what you want then.

i wouldnt bother changing the exhaust, probably why i didnt bother to reply to the thread

Hahahaha sut chucker.

I think im gonna go custom for this one, im not after making is Ferrari speed. Ideally just to change the system and have it properly mapped so it runs sweet.
And thanks to those who made helpful comments too, much appreciated

Not far then, im from barnsley :).

On a side note, matt's only telling you his opinion, unless your going for a full TB 3" exhaust system, then there's no point.

Are you wanting the exhaust for performance or looks?

I was thinking of de-cat and straight through as they run cleaner.
Then map it to a good level. Just to enhance running quality.

I dont sarcastic comments mate, im from donny lol

Not sure on de-cat on tdi's, de-cats make nothing on s3's.

like said id go for a custom TB exhaust, go to exhaust uk in sheff, itll be £500 or less and will be full stainless and made to what you want.

I'll leave you alone mate, you live in donny, that's bad enough haha :).

Yea decats are good for diesels.
We have a company over here thats better than exhaust uk for half the price ( custom pipes )

Haha ur from barnsley, cant say much

Not heard of them, they any good? Im wanting a custom 3" TB for mine!

Haha.

Yes its a guy whos been at it for many years, iv just called exhaust uk and they want 345 for tb no centre box.
Ryan at custom will do same for 240, so not half price but better.

Thats quite good, is it full 3" though, no dodgy dint's in pipes, also do they use stainless?

You never know haha.

May have to give him a call.

You got pics of the sut chucker then rob?

Looks a nice motor, would fit some genuine aero wipers up front to tidy it up.

Whats the spec?

Already fitted em mate, few weeks back.

Its a tdi sport 130pd 6 speed. The very last of this shape and was the run out model so it has all the extras etc.
I do a lot of driving so i always choose derv. Id love an s3 though.

Smart car chap, what ever exhaust you get don't make it loud as wont seem right on a clean car like that.

Yea it would ruin the car with a bad boy loud exhaust on. I may not even change but if I do, it will be decat and quiet

personally id check google if you havent already, theres always some euro nut done sumat to a diesel..... i wouldnt go wading in @ £250 for a new system until i had done that...Audi seem to be quite good when it comes to exhaust, 50/50 chance that it wont make a difference, decat or not