European Drive

EthanHD

Reaction score
b14ecc6d7c876f26a5f5c268a67d4813.png

Just out of interest, has anyone had a decent road trip? Planning this to Italy next year, wondered if there are any must do roads that I should add onto the route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

may aswell stop off at the Audi forums, ingolstadt and/or neckarsulm, whilst you're there. unless thats what you've already planned

I'm quite tempted to go that way on, then down through Switzerland, heard the motorways in Switzerland can be awkward though?

I'm quite tempted to go that way on, then down through Switzerland, heard the motorways in Switzerland can be awkward though?

I have no idea honestly mate :readit:
Just recommended the forums as you're on a Audi forum and I've been before and enjoyed it :yum: honestly thought your map showed you going through Germany...not France...been a long day

Have done it a lot various places

Grand St. Bernard pass from Switzerland into Italy is fantastic , it's the road in the opening scenes of the original Italian job

Mountain road from Innsbruck Austria into Italy.

Remember in Switzerland and Austria you need to buy a token to drive on the roads , Switzerland is about 40 euro for a year , Austria is about 10 euro for the week

I'm doing a trip to Spain this year but I'll make a seperate post for that

we're doing a charity rally to rimini next month in our chosen "banger" A4 B5 2.8 Quattro all done as a 98 spec touring car, its going to epic, going over the stelvio pass on the way there, and probably back over Susten, Grimsel, Furka and Gotthard pass's

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Gotthard is a great road

The village at the top does somenice food

Coming back via France you could stop off st the Reims race track

I'm planning on going April-May time, not too sure if any of the routes will be closed at this time! Think I'll definitely have to try out Gotthard, looks beaut, also heard Furka Pass is amazing so might give that a go on the way back

Yes you will find a lot of the higher passes are closed until about April
Plenty of info on line about what is open and when

I'll have a look online tonight and see what's the best route to take!

we were told to push the rally back till late July to make sure the pass's were open, normally go around late May, but were advised against it.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and EthanHD
We did a Euro road trip a few years back and made sure we visited Furka, San Bernardino and Stelvio Pass. Worth paying them a visit if you get chance, they are definitely in the top ten drives.

I did a trip to Switzerland and Austria last august just to drive their roads and it was incredible, round every corner in Switzerland was something. Ew to blow my mind.

I would highly recommend going through Switzerland rather than France. Head for interlaken and brienz then up into the mountains. Susten grimstel furka are all must dos but the nufenenstrasse for me was incredible, second highest paved round in the Swiss alps and every part of it was jaw droppingly incredible. I'm pretty sure it's not too well known and I think of it as a little hidden gem.

I wouldn't worry about incorporating the roads into one drive. You should make a list of the ones you want to drive on and work out a little circuit. You can easily do a few loops as the roads really aren't that long and won't take much time at all.

I didn't buy the motorway pass in Switzerland, you don't really need it. If you have google maps (may be the same on apple maps) there is a setting where you can ask it not to take you on toll roads and so in Switzerland it wont take you on the motorways, which actually makes for a more scenic drive.

Reactions: Audi Bairn