ET35 ON A3 8P WITH 8.5J x 18. WOULD IT WORK.

shady-ninja

Reaction score
Ive got these ABT A25 rims (eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace)with the above dimentions to go on my A3.
Would they rub if i went for an eibach sportsline springs.
I have tried lots of rims to replace this but they are just too heavy when
compare with this one i am selling which are ultra light.
Even lighter than 17 inch and 16 inch OEMs.
I love the looks of the BBS LM but they are way too heavy.
Please can anyone help??
I found this picture below withe the same wheels on this site while searching.
ABT_A25_AUDI_A3.jpg

Last edited:
I have 18*9 with et35 in the rears & 18*8 with et35 in fronts.. with 225 40 18 tyres..

Front slightly rubs when a bouncing turn & rears are the same with -2.25 camber..

So its supposed to work..

DONT FORGET to DROP the car when you mounted them.. The pictrre above is a SUV! :) :)

The front wheels will poke out past the arches, rears will be ok. Not ideal wheel specs for the A3 really, but they will work if you select the right tyres for them

But those wheels are horrid man! Theres far nicer wheels out there for the money

The front wheels will poke out past the arches, rears will be ok. Not ideal wheel specs for the A3 really, but they will work if you select the right tyres for them

But those wheels are horrid man! Theres far nicer wheels out there for the money

I was trying to be nice by not mentioning about the wheels! :) But they r really not the best ones for an Audi..

when i buy rims, i buy them for functional purpose then beauty next.
all the wheels i have seen are way heavier than this & that includes the so-called BBS LM that i used to drool over.
the wheels are a good 35% lighter than the BBS LM and plenty others. These wheels are manufactured by OZ Racing and are
by no means in a micky mouse territory.

i spoke to "SPIT & POLISH" today who said they might be able to shave off a few millimetres off the inner part of the rims maybe 3-5mm.
waht do you guys think

i went to the tyre shop to fit a tyre to one of my alloy and this was the result despite you guys telling me that ET35 on an 8P was a no no.

THIS IS THE REAR TYRE
IMG_20120522_131643.jpg

THIS THE TOP VIEW OF THE REAR TYRE
IMG_20120522_131739.jpg

THIS IS THE SIDE VIEW OF THE FRONT TYRE
IMG_20120522_132127.jpg

THIS IS THE TOP VIEW OF THE FRONT TYRE
IMG_20120522_132154.jpg

AND ANOTHER TOP VIEW OF THE FRONT TYRE
IMG_20120522_132206.jpg

I'm sure all of the above comments say they will fit, just, with correct tyres?

The question really is why are you trying to save a few kg on a car that weighs a load in the first place? It will literally make no noticeable difference to an A3!

I'm sure all of the above comments say they will fit, just, with correct tyres?

The question really is why are you trying to save a few kg on a car that weighs a load in the first place? It will literally make no noticeable difference to an A3!
i think you're wrong.

i would have to withdraw my comment with apologies to the contributors.
the guys who said it wont work where on other threads.
please dont view me as an ignorant person.

lol...that can compete in tractor pulling :D
red%20tractor.jpg

Reactions: shady-ninja

Saving weight from rotating mass has a much greater affect on acceleration than if saved on non rotating mass and the further that mass is from the axis of rotatin, the bigger the effect.

It changes acceleration, improves turn in, improves suspension response by enabling it to do less work. Wheels and tyres are probably THE highest priority if looking to reduce the weight of the car.

Reactions: pinterovski