1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine mount/bracket question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by turnstyle, Mar 17, 2013.

1. turnstyle

turnstyle Member

[Mar 17, 2013]
    Hopefully a simple question.

But the mount that goes into the side of the engine (cam belt goes around it) - is this the same bracket as the 2.0 tfsi engine?

I only ask because im after buying one and its the only one i can find on ebay and it 'looks' the same:
    GENUINE AUDI S3 2.0 QUATTRO PETROL ENGINE MOUNTING / BRACKET 2006 2007 - 2012 | eBay

- My mate was helping me on a cambelt change and he's somehow.... and i have no idea how.... managed to ruin the threads while he was bolting the 2 mounts together. Hes only damaged one side but either way it needs to be sorted.

dont fancy making him buy a new one as im not that cruel (accidents happen), but id like a replacement rather than re-threading it.

Unless anyone has a mount laying around spare??? Id be happy to take it off your hands (pm me)!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. turnstyle

turnstyle Member

[Mar 17, 2013]
    Scratch that. Ive just got part number and searched that - Loads on ebay ;)

Mods can delete this if they wish
  4. Big Bang Yam

Big Bang Yam Member

[Mar 17, 2013]
    same thing happended to mine from previous works, i helicoiled mine!i did mine with the mount still attatched to the engine!that mount is a git to get out too!