Dump Valve? Induction Kit?

Nawaid

Just orderded Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic
Reaction score
Hi all

Got a March 1st arrival for my S3 Saloon.

Wanna give it some noise. Anyone put a dump valve in? Anyone put an induction kit? Would you?

I wouldnt be putting in a dump valve anyway thats for sure. You aint driving a Honda..

Reactions: Scotty2011 and illingworth22
Do not put a dump valve in. It's not an open system (it's recirc), you will mess up the air metering.

Fitted as standard is a Diverter Valve, not dump valve, you will cause problems with the MAF if you fit a dump valve.

Reactions: s3_trev
Help a Astra owner has mistakenly infiltrated the forum ;)

Reactions: RS3dan, veeeight and Max'S3
Hi mate, I've got a pipercross induction kit fitted to mine.

Makes the car sound alot better and you can now hear the standard recirc valve when letting off the throttle which is also quite loud.

Reactions: RYuill
Hi mate, I've got a pipercross induction kit fitted to mine.

Makes the car sound alot better and you can now hear the standard recirc valve when letting off the throttle which is also quite loud.
Does it drink much more with the Pipercross fitted in?

I wouldnt be putting in a dump valve anyway thats for sure. You aint driving a Honda..

No Honda could have a dump valve fitted, FYI.

Reactions: Cambaines and RS3dan
I have read reviews on the pipercross induction kit. Not many people rate, poor build quality apparently. Finding it hard to find any others

You can get a re circ valve which is what this car needs do not get a dump/vent to atmosphere valve or you will bigger it as said above.
Re circ valves tend to be quieter than dump valves so less chavy but there is only any pointers the standard one is rubbish if nothing a waste, same as Iinduction/intake kits. They are only affective if the standard system is poor and usually require a remap to extract decent results.

Last edited:
I've only done 450 miles in mine so I can't comment if it's using more fuel.
I bought mine as i wasn't happy with how it sounded. I tried to look at different induction kits at the time, the only 1 I could find at the time was a pipercross 1. Bought it from GNJ motorsport. Since buying it though. Have heard nothing but bad reviews about it inc the fit etc. I got mine to fit fine. Took about 30 mins to do. The car sounds 10 times better in my opinion which is what i was after to begin with, so I'm chuffed:)

Reactions: Nawaid
I bought mine as i wasn't happy with how it sounded. I tried to look at different induction kits at the time, the only 1 I could find at the time was a pipercross 1. Bought it from GNJ motorsport. Since buying it though. Have heard nothing but bad reviews about it inc the fit etc. I got mine to fit fine. Took about 30 mins to do. The car sounds 10 times better in my opinion which is what i was after to begin with, so I'm chuffed:)
Does it cause warranty issues do you know?

Time for a video me thinks, let's here it!

Haven't been online for a couple of days and seems that during those few days away I'm now looking at a Scoobie forum lol.

Not for me - regarding the dump valve lol. Bit 90's IMO - induction kit sounds good idea though

Reactions: veeeight
They don't have turbos, unless your talking about the diesels.

Give it 12 months and they will - they are definitely testing the new Type R at Swindon. Seen couple of very noisy mules driving around Swindon.

Pfffft, sure ye can put a turbo on anythin these days. And to be fair I should have said Subaru or something else Japanese to avoid any confusion. But the point was a dump valve is not befitting (is that a word?) for an Audi in my opinion.

I don't mind type R's they do draw a bad crowd but I respect Honda for resisting turbos and holding on to high revving cars, the whole type R range handles brilliantly and I'm sure the new one will be epic, 300 bhp in a sub 1400 kg frame will make it quicker in gear than alot of stuff out at the moment

Perhaps someone could clarify this but I would have thought that the standard intake, as it get its air externally, would induct cool air anyway?

I've got the forge recirc valve and an induction kit o put together myself.
Sounds lovely and doest drink too much more juice

Yup even a CAI kit on its own can add a lot of noise. Turbo back exhaust helps too lol

Hi guys I'm new to this site I've been looking at getting a dump valve on my S3 do u think good or bad idea and y

Get the forge carbon intake, sounds mint

Reactions: Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
Hi guys I'm new to this site I've been looking at getting a dump valve on my S3 do u think good or bad idea and y
Read above about dump valves. Will cause you no end of issues. I was looking at replacing my diverter valve and was reading this post. Have a look, it may help you.
Forge Diverter Valve

Ruhel