DRL's

Ianski68

Reaction score
if I wanted to fit a set of headlamp units which have Led DRLs, how are these powered?

Doing it the proper way is buying the xenon headlamps that were optional on a4 and came on all s4 and rs4 models. They had factory drl fitted but can be retrofitted if you have halogen headlamps. You need the headlamps with ballasts bulbs, adapter looms anx vagcom to code the module that controls the headlights.
I have a full kit to retrofit xenons into halogen from my a4. Everything included to retrofit, in the for sale section £500

If you were referring to aftermarket non-OEM like the Devil Eyes then they are just plug and play mate

Basically my headlamps are a little faded. I don't actually want an upgrade to xenon just a swap like for like as you said. Was looking at some which are not that different to what are fitted but have DRL Led's fitted.

Where is the feed for the DRL taken from? The loom on the car obviously has a feed to indicators/side/dipped/main. But nothing for DRL.

Am I looking at this wrong!

i have aftermarket DRL's. The the "DRL" leds replace the sidelight. so when you have sidelight on you actually have the DRL leds on. If you want true DRL's then you have to wire the sidelights to a switched 12volt. this will leave the DRL leds on all of the time even when the light switch is in the off position. The only thing is with wiring them to a switched 12 volt. is that you will get bulb out warning on the DIS. I am still trying to figure out how to bypass or trick this.

Attachments

• Snapchat-6748086770299542275-01.jpeg
    Snapchat-6748086770299542275-01.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: Frostie333
i have aftermarket DRL's. The the "DRL" leds replace the sidelight. so when you have sidelight on you actually have the DRL leds on. If you want true DRL's then you have to wire the sidelights to a switched 12volt. this will leave the DRL leds on all of the time even when the light switch is in the off position. The only thing is with wiring them to a switched 12 volt. is that you will get bulb out warning on the DIS. I am still trying to figure out how to bypass or trick this.
Hi sherry477 I've been looking for some drls but thort it was prob too much hassle until I came across some online that claim to be plug an play straight swap for abt £250, I wondered if anyone on here had used them as they are oem but not sure if I can post a link to them or not ?