Door Rust

IanRW

Reaction score
Have spotted some corrosion on my 60 plate sportback as per the pic. Has anyone seen anything like this on their own car or have a clue what would be entailed to put it it right? :(

Thanks

Ian

d6b510b4c18973f4b1713bd9f2fd75e7.jpg

Im not sure how common this is, but if that area has not been damaged previously, then I imagine that this a is a straightforward warranty claim.

Although I haven't owned the car from new, i'm fairly certain it hasn't been painted / damaged.

Have read a few stories about Audi being fussy about the car having had / not had an annual inspection to keep up the warranty. I assume I just take it down my nearest dealership and see what they say? (Am used to driving company cars / 10+ year old cars where rust is more common so please excuse my ignorance ).

Yes, take it to your nearest dealer and say that you wish to log a bodywork warranty claim. They might mention a requitement of full audi history, but as far as i know that is not required if you are still within the bodywork warranty period, which is separate from the normal one.
Check audi website for their standard body warranty terms ti make sure.
Either way, id take it to them and say that you did not expect this from an Audi :)

Reactions: IanRW
Funny that, ive got exactly the same thing in the same area AND on a 60 plate.

Be interesting to see if we both get the same response from Audi?

When you say changed them, was that you or Audi? Link to the thread?

Cheers

Not too bad then. Was worried that the whole door may need to be renewed!

Did you try Audi first?

Audi wouldn't do anything on them or the corrosion on my alloy wheels either!
Full Audi service history too up until then.

Shocking if not surprising. Useless anti-corrosion warranty it would seem.

You might be lucky!
I was booking in for cambelt and service but cancelled due to the poor aftercare.

Any info on the process of removing these?