DIS + DRLS

mark.colledge

Reaction score
hi.

i looking to upgrading my car with a DIS and mabie some DRLS.
has anyone managed to do this. if so how and how much did it cost.

i presume i could take a link from the computer link under the steering colum?
and i have read that to change the lights you have to take the bumper off?

Thanks guys

Care to advise which A3 you have & yes its possible, its not plugnpray all the time, provide further info about your car then we can advise better, frontal pic may help.

What year is your car I'm guessing as you dont have a DIS its pre 2008? The DRL headlights are only a direct swap for 2008 facelift cars, other than that you would need to change the whole front end of the car.

The DIS can be fitted but will require other extras such as new stalk, new sensors for washer bottle etc. It would also need the immob recoded by Audi

Think it's a bit more than just plug and play with the DIS...

As for the DRL's I assume you have a pre face lift model so I think you have to change the whole front end to fit the new style lights... New bonnet, wings, bumper, grill etc...

DSG is the semi automatic gearbox that doent need a clutch (well it actually ha two clutches LOL). Being a 2006 to get the DRL's you would need to change the whole front of the car. Will be kinda pricy!

ok what engine is it, and does it have an automatic (2 pedal) transmission or a manual (3 pedal) transmission?

ok. the reason i was asking is because the DSG (i.e. automatic) cars have the DIS screen already, it's just not programmed for some stupid reason. you can have it turned on with a bit of coding.

as you've got a manual this isn't the case. you'll need a new instrument cluster at least, and even then i don't know if the rest of the sensors are there to make DIS work.

NHN and Khufu who have already commented on this thread are the ppl to go to for information regarding retrofits, tho there's a guy called Scottie (i can't remember his screen-name but he drives a Mauritius Blue SB) who i believe added DIS to his car so he might be able to help too.

best of luck, and keep us updated.

thanks if you find anymore info about it could you pass it my way?

thanks for your help.

Ok as you havnt been specific, DRL's were on the prefacelift aswell 06-08 but used halogen not led & were on the bixenon headlights using the main beam position that halogens used as this was no longer needed as dipped & main were using 1 position on bixenons, call it a copout as they didnt wanna make new housings imho with facelift already planned, tight *****.

DIS well I will have a tdi dis for sale soon if interested mate, PM me for further info, you can get your dealer to code to the car for £40 + vat & the only thing needed disabling is the washer bottle sensor iirc which is what Scottie did, rest is fine.

I really need go do this but I need part number for cluster and stalk my car is A 2006 a3 2.0l tdi bkd