Dilemma.....

smudge_don

Reaction score
The time has come to buy a house of my own i've decided

We've found a place that we really like, but in order to secure a mortgage for it i'm going to need a bit more of a deposit that i already have saved up :(

Is is worth me selling my mods and upgrades, then selling the car as standard as i can get it, and buying something lower spec to raise another 10k for the house? :ohmy:

Opinions/thoughts please

i reckon if you're selling your car then yes sell the mods separately and put the car back to standard. mods will at best make no difference to the value of the car, and at worst actually mean it loses value.

the only mod that may be worthwhile keeping is RNS-E if you have it, but even that's a maybe.

Jordan as said take the mods off and sell them you will make alot more extra cash then selling them on the car.
As the S3 bumper/Grill/Fog lights and surround you will get alot for i've seen quite a few go on ebay for £550+ where people just bid as all that stuff together on ebay is gold dust.
And you know you will get quite a bit for the alloys/tyres, brakes, headlights & side skirts. That is if you take the skirts & headlights off. Work out how much you want to sell the car for and the lowest you take and then work out how much you want the sell the mods. I bet all the mods could be sold alone on here lol! And go from there. If this goes through dibs on the brake set up ha :) (yes im a vulture) Good Luck on the new house:thumbsup:

Last edited:
When i bought my house i just sold everything! :) I was poor for a couple of years but happy i'm on the ladder!

you could probably sell your mods on here and if you dont have original parts, your more likely to get a swap + cash which would be ideal if you dont want to sell the car.

not looking forward to doing this! i want the brakes too lol!!

i reckon if you're selling your car then yes sell the mods separately and put the car back to standard. mods will at best make no difference to the value of the car, and at worst actually mean it loses value.

the only mod that may be worthwhile keeping is RNS-E if you have it, but even that's a maybe.

Ye i would definately split her, i've still got the original headunit so i can sell the RNS-E

Just a problem of all the work that NHN has done like the auto levelling system, headlight washer jets etc

Jordan as said take the mods off and sell them you will make alot more extra cash then selling them on the car.
As the S3 bumper/Grill/Fog lights and surround you will get alot for i've seen quite a few go on ebay for £550+ where people just bid as all that stuff together on ebay is gold dust.
And you know you will get quite a bit for the alloys/tyres, brakes, headlights & side skirts. That is if you take the skirts & headlights off. Work out how much you want to sell the car for and the lowest you take and then work out how much you want the sell the mods. I bet all the mods could be sold alone on here lol! And go from there. If this goes through dibs on the brake set up ha :) (yes im a vulture) Good Luck on the new house:thumbsup:

PM me a price for the brakes ;)

not looking forward to doing this! i want the brakes too lol!!

Bidding war :laugh:

I think i've made my mind up :(

Up for grabs will be wheels, TT-rs front brakes, S3 rear brakes, Weitec coilovers, MY09 rear lights, RS6 steering wheel, '09 RNS-E (possibly), front H&R 28mm ARB, rear Whiteline 24mm ARB

Unfortunately i can't really split the front end as it's all wired in now, so whoever gets the car will be getting a massive spec upgrade anyway

Any interest on any parts, drop me a PM

i think ive got this comming soon too :( feel for you mate, in short if youre gonna strip the parts yourself then yes but you loose too much value getting the parts off if youre paying someone to remove them (in some cases dependant on part value) id be interested in the steering wheel but i dont want to force you into anything because as i said im shitting myself for when its my turn D:

Steering wheel is up for grabs mate, PM me with an offer. It's only been in use for about 6 months really, still practically brand spanking new

I've got some good friends in the mechanic trade who will do me a good price to get suspension and brakes changed over, so hopefully it wont be too much :)

Feel for you bud. Stunning car.

May know someone interested in the s3 sideskirts if you want to sell them?

Feel for you bud. Stunning car.

May know someone interested in the s3 sideskirts if you want to sell them?

I dunno if they'll come off lol nige stuck em on pretty damn good

James, tries replying to your pm but its full

clear it out mofo! :)