Dannyh's Modding thread!!!

yeh was in mine it was in the car park next to where you where behind tdi northwests car was parked next to me m8s r32 on x5 wheels.

bet he was touching cloth sorting out his battery lol.

i know wizza and sandip and mutant fat cat where there from ere.

wizza was parked on talk talk me and sandip and mutant fat cat was park together on peak vags stand.

ow yeh and the s3 in the middle is off ere carnt remember the lads name.

i was the only person wearing a portugal top hehe.

some off the deals were good picked up a silicone tip for £40 2nd hand but saved me few £ from buying new

wow still smiling from the remap, wet out last night for a drive uphil and over the moors, it pulls so good between 3-5.5k where i try to keep the revs.

i am contemplating removing the reer seats and spare wheel, pluss att the other crap in my boot so save weight, is weight saving an all or nothing kinda thig, will i notice anything from removing reer seats and spare or not??

wow still smiling from the remap, wet out last night for a drive uphil and over the moors, it pulls so good between 3-5.5k where i try to keep the revs.

i am contemplating removing the reer seats and spare wheel, pluss att the other crap in my boot so save weight, is weight saving an all or nothing kinda thig, will i notice anything from removing reer seats and spare or not??

I dont think it'll be enough to actually notice as your driving. The rear whell might as well stay if it cam be used. I have 18"s and PCD adapters so my spare wheel is useless and will be getting dumped soon.

The rear seats aren't that heavy, you'd be better off getting lightweight buckets to replace the front seats which are about 25kg each :faint:

I dont think it'll be enough to actually notice as your driving. The rear whell might as well stay if it cam be used. I have 18"s and PCD adapters so my spare wheel is useless and will be getting dumped soon.

The rear seats aren't that heavy, you'd be better off getting lightweight buckets to replace the front seats which are about 25kg each :faint:

ye but the light weight seats are not free, removing stuff is, i dont want to be stripped out but a light lighter may give the edge over an equally powerfull car

I had a mk2 golf gti keep up with me till about 60 yesterday, I put that down to the lighter weight and he had a passenger!

ye reducing weight can be almost as good as incresing power, i bet he was chuffed you diddnt pull away till 60...

i might loos the back and see what it feels like.

btw can anyone recomend a cheap boost gauge???? i want to see what PSI i am runign now

I was looking into weight saving, i took out my rear seats and spare wheel a while ago, it did feel slightly more responsive. But i dont know what else i can take out to save weight, i dont want to lose any luxury!

I was looking into weight saving, i took out my rear seats and spare wheel a while ago, it did feel slightly more responsive. But i dont know what else i can take out to save weight, i dont want to lose any luxury!

That's the only problem with the S3 it's all the luxury that weighs it down. Front seats, Air con, 4 wheel drive!

I was there too ! :D

223863_213098422075699_100001266294498_649543_2641760_n.jpg

I do think we need some sort of audi-sport banner or something because you end up just wondering whos who.. haha

Nice motor Dan.

You need to hit it with the lowering stick a bit.

cheers mate, i have some S3 rims which should close the gap a little but as i found out from a friend, it you go lower you cant go as fast over country roads which is whare i like to drive, away from the public

however my attention is now turning towards handling, i am not bothered about lower, i just want a stiffer ride

cheers mate, i have some S3 rims which should close the gap a little but as i found out from a friend, it you go lower you cant go as fast over country roads which is whare i like to drive, away from the public

however my attention is now turning towards handling, i am not bothered about lower, i just want a stiffer ride

I meant dancarpy's S3 but your motor is just as nice :)

yeh we need some sort of stickers or something im not a big fan of the current audi sport sticker looks very bland some new sticker ideas and we could get people buying stickers to know who from what forum.

yeh we need some sort of stickers or something im not a big fan of the current audi sport sticker looks very bland some new sticker ideas and we could get people buying stickers to know who from what forum.

It's been covered loads of times and there are loads of peoples designs knocking about but they never go to print.

514wMZ8ywqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

those are two i quickly found or could go with the piston heads design where you have the logo ie audi sport then ur username above or below it
tmb.php

LOL yea just realised

i am looking at a 288mm front brake set up for a MK4 golf, carriers, calipers disks and pads, will this be an easy swap or will they not fit??

this is the add

---------------------------------------------------------
Full mk4 golf front brake setup will fit all mk4 chassis cars, polo 9n/skoda/seat eqiuv cars with appropriate hubs.

New discs and pads with less than 2k miles on, was taken off for 312mm upgrade

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/mattp1983/af6fe0ad.jpg

LOL yea just realised

i am looking at a 288mm front brake set up for a MK4 golf, carriers, calipers disks and pads, will this be an easy swap or will they not fit??

this is the add

---------------------------------------------------------
Full mk4 golf front brake setup will fit all mk4 chassis cars, polo 9n/skoda/seat eqiuv cars with appropriate hubs.

New discs and pads with less than 2k miles on, was taken off for 312mm upgrade

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/mattp1983/af6fe0ad.jpg

I will have a set of S3 calipers up for grabs as of this Saturday :whistle2:

288 should be standard disc size on your car the carriers have been prov sold to me :happy:

It's been covered loads of times and there are loads of peoples designs knocking about but they never go to print.

think i will make my own sticker when got time and see what people think and see if can get couple made

ye i diddnt realise my brakes were 288mm, ill stick with what i have at the moment, anyway look what arrived for me today

e67ae44f.jpg

b4222b38.jpg

just need to paint it black and get it fitted

Nice motor Dan.

You need to hit it with the lowering stick a bit.

PM Byzan A4 he has some ASN window stickers ;)

Cheers westy... funny you said that about the lowering stick because i took advantage of the 10% off on the day and bought myself some ap coilovers :D They get fitted on the 20th ! cant wait !

Ive been looking around and asking for stickers for ages ! i wanted a black and white one or something to go with the colour theme.

Well I couldn’t wait any longer so last night I decided that it was time to fit my new recirc valve in a spot of late night mechanics. the build quality of this is great and it feels top quality, a friend who has a 007p on his LCR said had these been available when he was buying his 007p he would have saved himself £50 and got the one I did on eBay,

so.. Before
1f823460.jpg

when we remove the standard DV it was totally f****d the diaphragm had completely broken. No wonder it made a pigeon noise under my bonnet lol.
not only was the DV broke but I also noticed this which goes to the plenum chamber

69a3b7a7.jpg

the hose was completely snapped,

luckily my mate has some spare silicone hose that was just the right length (fate) so we installed that and fitted the recirc valve. The hose doesn’t exactly match my bay or the colour of my car but at least it fits, (think I may order blue or black)

e4714c8e.jpg

and a close up of the recirc

53ea556c.jpg

much better, I’m not sure if it is sociological or no (the placebo effect) but I am sure it is more responsive, I let go of the throttle at 4K and then back on and I am still on the power, almost like I paused it while letting off and then un-paused it by putting my foot down because the revs carry on climbing, previously on my broke DV it would take a second or two to get the spool to carry on.

Anyway all in all this is a good product and a lot cheaper alternative to the 007P. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone who is modding there car on a budget

is that dv fitted the opposite way as im sure its ment to go the other way?

duno if makes any difference just the noise is different

is that dv fitted the opposite way as im sure its ment to go the other way?

duno if makes any difference just the noise is different

That's exactly what I was thinking. The pipe that comes off the charge pipe should go into the side port of the DV as standard. It wont make much difference except for the sound.

should get a high pitch chink sound iirc fitted that way

to be honest I did put it the wrong way on purpose to get a better sound however it doesn’t make a sound, if I boot to the floor, let the turbo spool and let of at 2.5K it will make a small clink but anything over that it won’t make a sound.

I am getting some better jubilee clips and I am going to paint the recirc black on Saturday so I am going to mount it the correct way up and see if that makes a sound, tbh I’m not too bothered about the sound because at least I now know that it works as should and then are no split/disconnected pipes anymore lol

Well it’s not very exciting buy this arrived today.
b2ac6100.jpg

Going to fit it tonight and also turn my diverter the other way to see which way sounds best, hopefully the foam filter should make the car sound better anyway as i should be able to here the turbo better.

At thw next logging session with sandip and lee I should be able to see how much of a difference it has made power wise. and post up the results :)

Well I was determined to get the filter on even if it was raining...
Easy to fit and hopefully next logging session I will be able to post up any gains,

Anyway for those of you thinking about buying the same eBay recirc valve as I have got I have got a couple of videos so you can here what it is like, this is just a AGU revo stage one, cat back and a ITG foam filter.

This video is the diverter the correct way up, this made a nice woosh sound
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/260690healey/e86ecd64.mp4

This is a video of it the wrong way round, this made very little sound
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/260690healey/db6a1c86.mp4

So after this we decided to fit it the correct way around and remove the bonet fabric, this did make it louder but because it was rainig a little heavier you can't really tell in the video
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/260690healey/84b45cb2.mp4

Anyway I hope you enjoy, i do :)

Looking forward to Hearing this in person! Really happy for ya that you're finally starting to get the ball rolling with your wishlist of mods! :)

Oh and I picked up on your little comment about finding out about going low and driving along country roads haha! :p