damp diesel feedback pipe

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
just noticed iv got a damp feedback pipe on one of the injectors, all the rest seem fine, i just wanted to know if anyone else here has seen this and what may be the cause of it? Old pipe thats had its day? its the 1st one at the front on the passenger side of the engine on a V6.

You could try a new pipe if it feel loose but I had the same on my last 2.5Tdi and it always weeped on the front O/S pipe .My replacement 2.5 is dry allround perhaps its due to pressure in the return pipes?

Do you find it takes abit longer to start in the morning?

yer it can take a bit longer when its cold, iv got to get the famous injector changed soon too, the one with the sensor on it, i also find that its maybe running a bit juciy as of late as i always seem to be putting fuel in it more regular than normal and not doing any more miles in than i normally do.

i got some new feedback pipes today and 2 new front flexie break hoses for a bit of weekend fun to keep me busy, iv also notice that the air inlet manifold has a slight leak to on the nearside chamber, so new gasket ordered from Audi today and will fit over the weekend,

might as well get the hands dirty all at the sane time and get it over and done with,

Last edited:
Well under inspection, and a change of pipes, the old ones was well past there sell by date as they was all cracked and holding onto the feedback nipples by there last threads of hope, to put it another way, when i pulled them off, half of the pipe was still gripping the bases as the rest just fell off with no real resistance at all,

whilst i was doing that side i also change the sucker pipes that pull on the turbo and EGR valve and there control modules, they was all cracked and hardened, used over 1.5 meters doing that job in a real smart tidy fashion so the pipes was correctly routed without having to stress any of the pipes with nasty tight bends,

Very satisfied with the way that job went and the results to be had, I'm now hopeful my fuel will last a bit longer!

That unmonitored airleak won't be helping bud. How did you diagnose the leak btw?
Even if it didn't help house keeping is always good.

i heard an UN-normall noise coming from that corner of the engine, so off came the engine cover for a peek, after poking about for 5 mins and not finding where it was coming from i noticed the wet pipe and the dog saw the rabbit and i was off, inspected all the are pipes and was not impressed with what was found,

i still have an odd sound in that corner, but that will be delt with when i get the car up on stands and i can take off the under tray for a better look, im hoping that its not an inter cooler issue,

but i must say that today the Northampton to Milton Keynes Sunday ritual of taking the wife and daughter to shopping was an good test run as the fuel gage was rather great to watch as it hardly moved much and the car was so much more smoother as it reached speeds in such a rapid way it was impressive, Even the wife noticed the extra growl and go!

So yes, that repair is a must for anyone with the same said pipe issues,

can you discribe this odd sound? is it like a sucking noise when you rev it and its coming back down the revs?