Cracking Wheels

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Cracking and ruining my life. Bought refurbed RS6 19's with tyres but so far spent £400 replacing tyres and got repairs for two hairline cracks on one alloy, pumped them to 36psi recently but one deflated to 10psi after a few days (I assume it's another flipping hairline crack), unsure if it's the same alloy as before because they've been refitted so many times.

Should I get another repair or another wheel. I assume Audi charges two lungs and a kidney per alloy.

scaled.php

Last edited:
Are they genuine wheels?

I'd have thought they'd be reps in that size as the 19" versions of this wheel are for the real RS6.

Can you not see the welds from the inside of the rim? If not, I'm sure any tyre place would whip off the flat for you and you could easily see if it was the wheel that had already been repaired. Where did you have the repair done?

I had one of my 911 turbo replicas repaired by Wheel Genie in Huntingdon and they did a fantastic job, only £50 too.

Their website looks a bit dated lol, but they know how to sort wheels out...
Welcome to The Wheel Genie - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Centre

Are they genuine wheels?

I'd have thought they'd be reps in that size as the 19" versions of this wheel are for the real RS6.

Not 100% but they have all the markings and the guy knew his stuff (or knew how to brainwash me haha) I'd assume reps would hold to some extent.

Can you not see the welds from the inside of the rim? If not, I'm sure any tyre place would whip off the flat for you and you could easily see if it was the wheel that had already been repaired. Where did you have the repair done?

I had one of my 911 turbo replicas repaired by Wheel Genie in Huntingdon and they did a fantastic job, only £50 too.

Their website looks a bit dated lol, but they know how to sort wheels out...
Welcome to The Wheel Genie - Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Centre

Can't see the welds but I'm taking it off tomorrow and having a proper look then sticking it in the bath to see where the leak is.

Cheers for the link, place seems decent but it's 83 miles from me, got it repaired at Speedys Wheels last time but wouldn't recommend them to anyone, tried pushing me to "upgrade" to new alloys, made me make a testimonial for there website before starting work, then left me with a carbon fibre wrapped Corsa alloy for two weeks, tried putting the alloy back without showing there work too.

Last edited:
Could be a faulty valve or a loose one.

Take the valve cap off, pump with air and then place some water in the cavity where the valve sits and watch for bubbles.......if there are bubbles try tightening up the valve as had this issue before.

They look like reps the spokes ain't like the Ronals... A lot of reps tend to be weaker than genuine oem's