1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corrosion on b6 decision contested?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Greg190t, May 28, 2014.

1. Welshquattro

Welshquattro Active Member

[May 30, 2014]
    Well guys I wish you good luck with whatever you do. It seems they do some and not others!
  2. rjm180

rjm180 Member

[May 30, 2014]
    Its all very interesting reading. I took mine in last year for bubbling on the front wings and got the same response as everyone else, a load of feeble excuses. I didnt pursue any further but wish I had now after reading all this. I ended up paying a very good local bodyshop to fit new OE front wings and paint them.

I have since noticed bubbles on one of my rear arches so I'll be asking my local dealer to take a look soon.

Good Luck to everyone in a similar boat, i think we'll need it.
  3. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 4, 2014]
    I've got bubbling on all 4 arches unfortunately, something I overlooked when buying due to everything else being right and it raining at the time ( will not view/buy a car in the rain again!)

I'll give my local a go, it's had servicing in the past from Audi but certainly not all of it, but as stated what has that got to do with the warranty.
  4. Greg190t

Greg190t Guest

[Jun 4, 2014]
    Little update, AUDI still won't change from their 70/30 split even though I've got dealer paperwork stating it's a manufacturing fault. They say I have to get an independent inspection and if they agree with me then Audi will pay 100% and reimburse me for the cost! So independent inspection it is!
  5. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 4, 2014]
    So you just need another bodyshop to go yep that rust was Audi's fault due to manufacturing process and they will cough up?

Seems a very pointless exercise as surely they know anyone else will point out there at fault.
  6. Greg190t

Greg190t Guest

[Jun 4, 2014]
    No an independent inspection from a motor engineers. (One they say I have to use at a cost to me of £160+vat) on reflection I'll just go small claims I reckon as I've got the proof!
  7. TheDriver

TheDriver Active Member

[Jun 4, 2014]
    ??
    One that they say you have to use? What a load of ********. Wonder what the outcome of that's gonna be....hmm :no:
  8. Greg190t

Greg190t Guest

[Jun 4, 2014]
    I'll just go small claims mate
  9. TwedA4

TwedA4 Member

[Jun 5, 2014]
    i've come to the conclusion that audi customer service is utter ****. the monkeys in carlisle are hopeless. twice i've been in about rusty wing on mine and they took paint reading and my number and still never heard from them.

went in 2 days ago looking for a part but didnt know the number, i found it online and asked for a price. couldnt give me it and said they'd call back, guess what... yeah.
  10. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

[Jun 5, 2014]
    Audi customer service is absolute ****e, I'll be getting a BMW next, they are repairing E46 M3's that have rust or fractured boot floors and covering 100% of the costs. I won't be getting another AUDI that's for sure.
  11. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 5, 2014]
    Well for poop and giggles I went to Colchester Audi today and they got there little paint depth meter out, and came to the conclusion that all 4 arches have had previous paint work and and even if they didn't it was the stone chips that did it, not the silly carpet arch liners.

Seeing as they didn't take any details I might try the Chelmsford one next.
  12. Greg190t

Greg190t Guest

[Jun 5, 2014]
    Well, I've gone public and it's gone on twitter! Check it out and everyone join in bothering Audi! Get pictures of your rust posted
  13. TwedA4

TwedA4 Member

[Jun 5, 2014]
    did you @audi or something? i'll post mine in a few mins
  14. Greg190t

Greg190t Guest

15. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 6, 2014]
    I'm rubbish at Twitter but I think you want @AudiUKCare, thats AudiUK Customer Care account which does tweet and has loads of followers.

Anyone done Facebook yet? I'll take a few snaps later and stick them on Twitter too, (if I can work out how to use it, haha)

EDIT- I've just tweeted a few pics to @audiukcare, there standard reply seems to be email us and we'll talk.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  16. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 6, 2014]
    And now on facebook.

Although all they reply to any complaints is " Hi _____, we're sorry to hear your unhappy. Please email facebook/tweeter@audi.co.uk with your contact details and we'll give you a call to try and help"
  17. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 6, 2014]
    Standard reply received....

I have said via email..

"Hello,

Thank you for your response on Facebook.

My frustration started yesterday when I called into Colchester Audi to raise my concerns about my corrosion issues that you saw in my pictures.

I was quickly dismissed being told it was caused by stone chips or additional paint near the area.

However I'm well aware it's a known issue to yourselves and am thoroughly frustrated that I got the impression you can't be bothered to look after your customers that can't afford a brand new car off your forecourts.

Regards

Paul"
  18. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jul 11, 2014]
    So how far have other people got recently?

I'm up to here-

"In view of your disappointment, you may wish to consider having an independent inspection of your car carried out, in order to
    reach a satisfactory conclusion to this matter.

PVWI Limited, which is a paintwork inspection company independent of Audi UK, can inspect your car. Please be advised that as
    this is being carried out on your behalf, you will be liable to pay their fee for this service and costs start from 130.00gbp
    plus VAT.

The contact details of PVWI are detailed below:

E: office@pvwi2010.co.uk

T: 01934853848

Should this opinion contradict the opinion of Colchester Audi, as long as supporting documentation is available, we will, of
    course, pursue this mater further to seek a mutually agreeable resolution."

Naturally I'm not going to pay for a company in Audis pocket to tell me the same as Audi.

I was considering small claims court or CAB? is there an ombudsman for this kind of thing?
  19. RoyalBoob

RoyalBoob New Member

[Aug 27, 2014]
    Hi,

Who is where with this? I will shortly be going back in to argue over my roof corrosion. 04 A4 S line 190. The front arches are appalling but I will get them replaced independently since some a--hole dented one in a car park.
    I originally got offered 70/30 for the roof and declined since like others, I don't think it's right. Audi Camberley was where I went.