1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condensation in headlight.

phil1978 Jan 11, 2005

1. phil1978

phil1978 Member

Hiy everyone,

Has anyone else had condensation in their headlight when it gets very cold. I've had it before but then it cleared up. Until again today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've spoken to Audi and they told me it is a problem with TT's and A4 ( B6's ) due to them having the polycarbonate lenses.

What do you think?? Truth or a way of trying to get out of it.

Be lucky.

2. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Mine are fine i havent noticed any condensation to be honest i'll keep my eyes peeled and keep you posted!

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Goddam it! This question has been asked tens of times over the past few months! Does nobody use the bloody search engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe I should change the site name to Condensation in headlights is normal due to their open vents at the back.net??

Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

David.

4. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

5. Danielson

Danielson Member

yeehaa.

6. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    snoop said:
    yeehaa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you ok?

7. stores

stores New Member

had same in my drivers side light phil and found it was the cover on the back of the light not quite clipped in properly. Took it off gave it a wipe and put her back on securely and hey presto all clear

8. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Whats up David are you having a bad day mate?

9. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Just in case there's still any doubt :
    Audi Service Bulletin
    Basically it says to turn the headlights on and don't replace anything.

10. phil1978

phil1978 Member

Doh, sorry chaps. Very blonde moment. I should have remembered that.

Thanx stores I'll check that.

He he.

11. phil1978

phil1978 Member

Cheers scoTTy, BUT I've already done that before, and 3 weeks later it's back again......
    All the seals look ok.

So it looks like I wont be getting anywhere with Audi then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    CJ B6 2.0 said:
    Whats up David are you having a bad day mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I'm having an excellent day thanks (although I have 90mph winds ratting the slates on my roof, which makes me worried!)

You can note my good humour by use of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

David. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

13. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Ah thats good to hear! Yeah i've seen the weather reports, you guys are really being battered up there. Hope your roof stays on and your on high ground! Stay safe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

14. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

15. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Well at least you wont get flooded but then your more exposed to the wind so its six of one and half a dozen of the other! Must be quite dangerous on the roads up there, any fallen trees on roads or the likes with those storms?

PS I know you were annoyed earlier thats why i asked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Phil TDi said:
    Cheers scoTTy, BUT I've already done that before, and 3 weeks later it's back again......
    All the seals look ok.

So it looks like I wont be getting anywhere with Audi then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No body said that doing it once would cure it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The idea is you do it each time you have the condensation build up. I never had it too bad in my TT, perhaps once or twice that I noticed.

I've never noticed in with the S4. Perhaps it's because the car is always garaged overnight.

17. dstech

dstech Member

[ QUOTE ]
    David R said:
    Goddam it! This question has been asked tens of times over the past few months! Does nobody use the bloody search engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe I should change the site name to Condensation in headlights is normal due to their open vents at the back.net??

Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

David.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone didn't get their daily dose of caffeine this morning...LOL... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif