Coding for RNS-E with B6 A4

Silverfox42badger

RS4 Saloon
Reaction score
A quick note to thank Marmite for his assistance with coding my RNS-E unit to make it work with the Colour DIS in my S4, and also a link for potential upgraders out there.

This info is invaluable when specifying the options you have:
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_%28RNS-E%29

If anyone wants more info on what I did for this install (upgrade from Symphony II with BOSE), please let me know.

No worries Mate...Cheers for the beers again!!
Don't forhet to get those other things double checked out again!!
Good luck with the twins

ENjoy

Si

This is very interesting :idea: - when I retro fiitted the RNS-E to my A4; I heard the colour DIS was not possible (well it was but a big expensive job which included a new DIS etc)

So can this be done on red DIS? I'd love to have the high pixel colour DIS

:rockwoot:

Sheraz

if you only have the red dis fitted then you will need to replace it with the colour dis.

you can't re-program the red dis to become a colour dis but you can vag a colour dis to work with the rns-e so you should be able to program a red dis to work with the rns-e....

contact s8craig on this forum

You CAN recode the red DIS to work with an RNS-E in the same way and with the same codes as the colour DIS,.... BUT the red DIS on the B6/B7 has a bug that means it doesn't display the navigation instructions unless you turn the RNS-E off and back on AFTER setting guidance active.

This issue has been discussed at length on www.navplus.us

I think I jumped the gun here . . . I have the cluster working with the RNS-E

One thing I have notice re the bug . . when you get in, if you wait about 45 sec to minute before turning the ignition - the RNS-E kinda boots it self up in 'sleep' mode (you can see the screen go a dark grey from black) - once it has done this, when you start your car the cluster shows the compass without switching the unit on/off!

I hope this makes sense . . . can anyone else check this on their retro-fitted RNS-E??

Cheers

Sheraz