Climate Control Heater Blowing Cold on Drivers Side

Lion Heart

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Audi S4 2006 B7...

Weather's cold here again now and so started to use the heater. Noted that it warms up as usual on the passenger side, but the air coming out on the drivers side is cold!! Changing the temp has zero effect on the drivers side - always cold.

Any ideas what this could be?

I'm thinking maybe the yellow climate motor up under the dash on the drivers side as it only affects the drivers side???

Any help welcome!

That's exactly what it is bud, had the same on mine. Once changed it's all good.

Awesome, thank you!

I thought this was the most likely potential cause, so awesome to hear it confirmed. I'll make plans to get that little yellow critter changed over!

I had similar but passengers side was blowing cold. I hit a bump in the road and time started blowing warm again. Nice cheap fix

Wow. That is a cheap fix!

I think I'll not try hitting bumps on purpose to try and fix mine though :)

All these motors seem to be less than robust.The passenger side stuck on heat on mine a few weeks ago which wasnt too bad in winter but then fixed itself.Now the demisters stuck off and I will have to try a new motor cos I have already tried freeing it and it didnt last long.

Went out tonight and stuck the demister on and its freed itself!Roads are bumpy round here but may have done me a favour cos I was thinking of stripping it out at the weekend.Still intend getting a new motor cos its a pain when it sticks.Only seems to be the little cogs inside that dont always mesh.Silly things like this let Audi down