1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clicking

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jdas03, May 23, 2010.

1. jdas03

jdas03 Member

[May 23, 2010]
    Hi,

Had a problem for a while now which is starting to get worse!
    My 51 plate S3 in the winter time at low speed used to click, normally when parking.
    Recently it began to happen when i was ar low speed either accelerating or decelerating.
    Now it happens at higher speed when acelerating or decelerating and sometimes over bumps.
    when i say clicks it usually clicks once when slowing then if i speed up or slow more itll click again.
    Its coming from the front of the car, at first i thought the clutch but now its doing it at a faster speed when im not using the gears it cant be.

Any ideas?

2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

[May 24, 2010]
    engine rocking? could be an engine mount
  4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[May 24, 2010]
    Clicking is typical of a CV Joint. Especially if it is increasing the amount of clicks with speed, apparent on turning, and progressively getting worse, that would be where I would start.

If it does it when rolling without engine power, it is definitely wheel rotation related, or some attached to...

Problem being that defining noises on here is difficult... It depends on your definition of a 'click'.