1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clear Headlight Indicator Conversion

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by aadams1x, Oct 9, 2008.

1. aadams1x

aadams1x Member

Hi, I have been loaned a 57 plate a4 cab at the moment, mine is a 06, is it possible to retro fit the clear headlight indicator lenses into my 06 like those on the later cars or are they a sealed unit?? Thanks, Andrew
  2. Richardesty

Richardesty loves quattro

If you check out post number 63 on the following thread, it appears it is possible - however you will have to take your headlight apart........

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233279&page=3

Might be worth dropping the guy a line.

I'm lucky in that my A4 came with crystal optics, something I insisted on when looking around, but I've since turned them into daytime running lights (see avatar) :drag:

Rich
  3. M7R

M7R Type Approval Engineer,

you need to change the full unit for a later one.

Im going to be trying the black out mod soon, so ill post up how I get on
  4. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Active Member

There's is another way .... some guys on Audiworld have posted how to convert the orange headlights into white ones. You remove them from the car, stick them in the oven at home and heat them up until the glue holding the front and back together softens, then prise them apart and pull off the bit of orange plastic. Then you stick them back together again and put them back on your car.

I'm not joking....