cheap s3 on ebay i wonder whats wrong with it?

defo somthing fishy going there

no feed back and no contact numbers etc.

does look nice tho

rickparmar said:
defo somthing fishy going there

no feed back and no contact numbers etc.

does look nice tho

Here here........but there MUST be something fishy with it to be at that price......

I would say your going to be asked for a deposit of say £500 then BYE BYE DEPOSIT :busted_cop:

its a deposit scam obviously :)

they ask you for your deposit, then they do a lord lucan

if you look theres loads of cars like that on ebay, i was looking at M3's etc and theres just loads with mega (too good to be true) prices! no contact numbers, no feedback, just ******* **** holes trying to scam people. surely ebay should have noticed this??

I think ebay do catch up on them eventually, you tend to see these types of auctions disappearing after a couple of days.

Its just scammers, put the car in at about half the value and hope some1 is stupid enough to give them money.

The 0 feedback doesn't neccessarily mean anything though. If someone has only ever posted classified adds and has never bought/sold anything else, they will not get feedback.

The problem seems to be growing faster than ebay can keep up though.

Not necessarily, why would you sign up to ebay unless you wanted to use the service? But that is too good to be true, look at the mercedes going for the exact same price, obviously a scam!:motz:

Could be the 'nick to order' scam i.e. they cut and paste details of a car for sale out of Autotrader into eBat, then put a stupid price on it.

They go and view the car with the genuine seller, get to see inside their house and scope how to nick the keys. When it sells on eBay, they pay the genuine seller a return 'visit' and nick the car.

A friend of a friend had this happen to him with an M3. It was only when a genuine buyer asked him why his car was being advertised on eBay for £5k less than he had it up for in Autotrader that he worked out something was going on. Spoke to police and apparently it is a regular scam.

It certainly does appear too good to be true! Which is a shame as that car is just about my dream spec! :w00t:

yup i garentee this is a scam.iv tried contacting people like this before.always located in london, always cheap, neva got contact number.and they never reply to your emails and if they do they say the car is in germany or france or summin.iv emailed 4 different people about some bmw 's....all the same **** story.it ****** me off that ebay dont sort this out