Charcoal cannisters- Difference between 1K0-201-801E and 1K0-201-801D ?

mmalh0151

Reaction score
I have some issues with my 2007 S3 relating to engine management light coming on with Evap codes.

The top breather pipe has been replaced (was around £10) but the following is still coming up (the VCDS log was with the car on)

24n1kpj.jpg

4t99b6.jpg

I have just bought a charcoal cannister with item number 1K0-201-801E but just checked and mine says 1K0-201-801D although the one I have bought it off is for a 2009 Audi A3.

Any advice would be excellent! Need to get rid of this light now before I bin me car !

I would say it's the same canister mate, just a superseded number.

They may have changed the canister slightly and that's why the numbers are different.

Yep cool. Well ordered a new cannister anyway and if isnt that then im stuck.....N80 valve is only around £30 or so but what happens if it isnt that?! Really annoying me now to be honest, fault has been with car since I bought it in December but engine management light is on after a few days driving now :(

Unless you call up Audi and ask the difference with those 2 part numbers.

I agree it gets annoying with little things causing big problems.

Im having problems with the air con not working properly just now :(

The D supersedes to the E with another in between, it shows addition of a breather line & few hoses, so it will fit, but may need some other parts.

Reactions: stuartm
Ok cheers, it looks like the cannister I have bought also has a top breather pipe that I replaced on mine recently!