Changing rear door triangle trim?

choimaloy

Reaction score
Hi guys my a4 tdi 130 is in for a respay, so I'm stripping everything off.question ive got is how do you take off the black triangular trim that corrodes on the rear doors,Its got me beat.

Isn't it held on by a bolt from inside? I think you need to remove some trim to access it.

Do you have to take the door card off to do this,also does anyone know the part number for this.

Last edited:
not sure about about the fastest way to do it but I have been told that the B5 and B6 are VERY different and I know Audi quoted 2hrs per door + parts (new metal trim and clips) to fix it.... can't rememebr if they were £10 each tor £20, but it stick in my head "£40 for 2 metal triangles, but about £400 to fit them!"....

Thanks for the help guys i'l give it a go and see what happens,I've took the plastic trim off and there is a grub screw there so here's hoping it's that easy.

would be great if you could get some pics to help with a "how to" guide....

I think the problem is that you need to get the door card off to get to the bolt - but like I said, I've not actually done this myself - I have had the new parts sat in a box at home for about 2yrs! I can't afford to have my car out of commission, so have never had the balls to have a go at it myself.

Last edited:
Do you have part numbers for them mate.
d531b852.jpg

i read somewhere you have to remove the door card then remove the top frame off the door to get to 2 bolts but it was a while ago that i looked into it.

btw they where £25 each from audi.

so 2 yrs ago, £20 each sounds about right... in which case, I'm pretty sure Audi quoted about £400 for the labour to fit them...

does anybody have a diy guide as ive got the the back and it looks brand new apart from that black trim that lets it down.I really need to buy 2 just to finish car off nicely.