Ceramic brakes on S3 ?

Wait till the rs3 comes out.. I'm sure a few people will be retrofitting them then ;)

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Have you ever used the standard S3 brakes in anger? They're absolutely massive .. can't imagine you'd need to shell out all that extra cash for ceramics.

The standard brakes do start to fade and squeal after some abuse and hard driving though.

I'm going for EBC Red Stuff pads next, which will help with both the fade and dust.

Reactions: illingworth22, Gazwould and lucas-suisse
Have you ever used the standard S3 brakes in anger? They're absolutely massive .. can't imagine you'd need to shell out all that extra cash for ceramics.

I plan to have some sessions on track during spring so I'm looking at the possible way to prepare my S3 for it.

I've tried EBC Red Stuff pads in the past, I wasn't impressed no stopping power until you got some heat in them (not great even when warmed up) & they take a long time to bed in. On the plus side very little dust. I was going to swap them for Ferodo DS2500 when they become available.

EBC update their brake formulations so don't judge their past .

DS2500 has stayed the same . DS2500 are very dusty , and when pushed do a brown poo pad deposit all over the disc .

CCB brakes tend to need additional cooling either from a naca duct in the undertray or direct vent in the wheel arch liner which may be difficult to implement. I put some DS2500's , Brembo's Max discs and braided hoses on my Clio Trophy and that worked really well so I'd give this combo if looking to do such an upgrade any time soon.

I've got EBC Red stuff pads on mine and they got tested to the max today! They performed well and little dust so happy enough with them.

I've got EBC Red stuff pads on mine and they got tested to the max today! They performed well and little dust so happy enough with them.
Hi, so you installed it on S3? May I know the part number as I've been looking to change the super dusty pad but can't find any. thanks!

The S3's standard engine output and brakes are pretty well matched. When modification can take this too around the 400bhp mark the CCBs from the RS3 will be a tidy, albeit rather pricey, upgrade.

Um, I find the standard S3 brakes fade and squeal after some hard driving.

And the dust...... well. The less said, the better.

Last edited:
Reactions: elpaulio
Anyone know best place to purchase the S3 EBC Redstuff (for future reference)

Is there a difference between Saloon and Hatchback/Sportsback as when I enter my reg number it, it doesn't give me any pads, only discs. Weird

There's no 2.0 Turbo there from what I can see :(

You Searched For XXXXX Which Is A 2015 BLUE AUDI A3 S3 QUATTRO
We have found 1 Front Discs, 1 Rear Discs, 7 Accessories and 50 Promotion . Click on the relevent tab to view your parts

Hi, so you installed it on S3? May I know the part number as I've been looking to change the super dusty pad but can't find any. thanks!

Yes Dan they are fitted to my S3, sorry can't remember the part number, they weren't listed on EBC website when I got them last year but I just called them and they supplied the correct ones.
Veeeight's link will probably be the right ones.
What I will say about them is they take a while to stop being dusty probably the bedding in coating, but once that's gone they are a lot less dusty.
They didn't need bedding in much, they worked well straight away, I recomend them.

I'm thinking of changing too getting a soft pedal feel after some fast road driving.

Did you only change the pads no disc change?
Have you put it on the track yet any fade and what's the pedal feel like any difference from stock?

Yes Dan they are fitted to my S3, sorry can't remember the part number, they weren't listed on EBC website when I got them last year but I just called them and they supplied the correct ones.
What I will say about them is they take a while to stop being dusty probably the bedding in coating, but once that's gone they are a lot less dusty.
They didn't need bedding in much, they worked well straight away, I recomend them.

Hi thanks for the reply and the lead. My local agent says the UK office recommends yellow stuff for S3 bcos of the higher horsepower. So will be getting it and hope that it will resolve my headache on the brakedust.

Serious considering changing the pads for some that don't dump dust all over the wheels. Will a pad change wear the discs out quicker or is there a pad and disc combo that can be recommended ? - looking to keep the calipers original. I like the look of the drilled disc over grooved if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Serious considering changing the pads for some that don't dump dust all over the wheels. Will a pad change wear the discs out quicker or is there a pad and disc combo that can be recommended ? - looking to keep the calipers original. I like the look of the drilled disc over grooved if this helps.

Thanks in advance.
+1