Centre arm rest stuck!!!!

Matt_tha_lad

Reaction score
Hey guys I know there are a lot of posts about the arm rest getting stuck in the up position and mine has just done the same but I have taken the ashtray out and there is what seems to be like so kind of swing mechanism that has sheered off or snapped and I cant seem to solve this problem any ideas coz its winding me up having it stuck like this I have no problem taking it apart but would like the input before I do this the top release button still has plenty of spring back on it so it ain't the release that is the problem ( well I don't think so anyway lol)

Cheers guys

Matt

Just smash it down, sit in the back seat and push it forward with your feet.

The ratchets get stuck in them all the time, best way to fix it is to break it imo.

You've never been employed as a driver at our place have you by any chance?

If you can suggest a better way of sorting it out which doesn't require a replacement arm rest then be my guest :)

The problem with them is that the ratchet sticks and is stuck in the locked position, you have to snap them back onto the ratchet which usually stops them from staying in the upright position. But due to the design they don't really need to be held upright they just stay there on their own.

If you can suggest a better way of sorting it out which doesn't require a replacement arm rest then be my guest :)

The problem with them is that the ratchet sticks and is stuck in the locked position, you have to snap them back onto the ratchet which usually stops them from staying in the upright position. But due to the design they don't really need to be held upright they just stay there on their own.

Sorted and no I didn't kick the crap out of it lol just two small screwdrivers either side of the handle to push the catches down and it released it

Just bought a car with it's armrest stuck up, didn't even bother testing it when I bought it.

After following the above guide I took off the plastic catch and pushed the metal release bars by hand and it released the arm rest but the ratchet is ********. I know it's not essential but is there an easy fix for this or not, and surprisingly the plastic catches on the release button were not broken!

EDIT- No matter, on a 2nd attempt the ratchet is working fine.

Last edited: