central locking

rs4wannab

Reaction score
right central locking was working fine the recently started to lock itself when left or driving, battery was nearly flat and last night the alarm went off got back ferom work to find car unlocked and windows down a bit, jumped the car and starts fine but now cant lock the car if i manually lock it i can use the key to open as normal just seem to have lost the lock function any ideas? ( no key fob only key operated 1998 1.8t )

you got the fixed key or flip key?

When you lock the car with the key, does the pump carry on a bit longer than normal?

I got any issue where mine randomly locks and unlocks. That only happens If i plug the rear boot latch in. with that unplugged it all works fine.
It might that causing your issue.

I also had the passenger window opening randomly. replacing the remote battery and recodding worked fine.

cheers for the reply scott , took it for a run at the weekend to charge the battery over the course of the day the central locking and alarm did some random things the eventually sorted itself out - maybe its like the ecu and forgets how to work if you disconnect the battery :think: